SALT LAKE CITY — The PCL season is a long road to travel. A game can be easily forgotten, much like Tuesday night's 7-3 loss to Tacoma, ending Salt Lake's second five-game win streak of the season.
The Bees have 144 regular-season games in 2012, and most would assume that all these guys think about is baseball 24 hours a day, seven days a week. But realize that the players are much like everyone else and like to enjoy what Salt Lake has to offer. Utah is the State of Sport, after all.
Cory Aldridge made his arrival in Utah on May 22 and embraced the state's sports fanatics, as well as the many dining options available downtown.
"It's a great city. I enjoy it here, the fans are great and I'm a big food guy and they have great restaurants in Salt Lake," said the Bees' outfielder.
Aldridge had split time with the Los Angeles Angels and Salt Lake in 2010, and he has a pretty good idea of what Utah has to offer.
"Everything is convenient for me, and I just enjoy being here."
Salt Lake is world renowned for the Wasatch Front, a segment of the Rocky Mountains, and Doug Deeds mentioned that it was a perk to get such a great background behind Spring Mobile Ballpark.
"I was talking to my wife about it when I signed with the Angels that this is one of the greatest sceneries to play baseball in. With the mountains in the background, it just has a great feel to it," said Deeds. I've always loved playing here, and I love living here in such a beautiful state."
NOTEBOOK:Efren Navarro and Matt Long both went 2-for-3 in Tuesday's loss, with Navarro adding a pair of RBIs. Greg Smith (2-4) took the loss with five runs on seven hits and five strikeouts.
WELCOME BACK:Kole Calhoun was at the top of the Bees' batting lineup Tuesday night after being optioned back from the Angels. In eight games with the parent club, Calhoun had a .250 batting average with three hits and a two-run double.
ANGEL WATCH:Mike Trout and Hank Conger were both in the Halos' starting lineup Tuesday night versus the Dodgers.
ATTENDANCE: 9,925 fans enjoyed Tuesday's game on a beautiful night that didn't dip below 80 degrees.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Morning links: Were the Utes the latest...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 74
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 61
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35