Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The recent shake-up of EnergySolutions management again begs the question, what were we thinking when our pristine, clean state decided to haul into it what other states knew was dangerous and wanted to get rid of? If it was all right to store the waste, I'm sure other states would have stored it. You know, sometimes our state leaders look like they are void of any common sense.
EnergySolutions was really quite smart when it sold the idea to the Larry H. Miller Group to have them name the home of the Utah Jazz the "EnergySolutions Arena." It helped give EnergySolutions a feeling of respectability and honesty. Respectability and honesty are two qualities EnergySolutions doesn't deserve.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP?
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 32
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 31
- President should not act without... 27
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 25