Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The recent shake-up of EnergySolutions management again begs the question, what were we thinking when our pristine, clean state decided to haul into it what other states knew was dangerous and wanted to get rid of? If it was all right to store the waste, I'm sure other states would have stored it. You know, sometimes our state leaders look like they are void of any common sense.
EnergySolutions was really quite smart when it sold the idea to the Larry H. Miller Group to have them name the home of the Utah Jazz the "EnergySolutions Arena." It helped give EnergySolutions a feeling of respectability and honesty. Respectability and honesty are two qualities EnergySolutions doesn't deserve.
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive order...
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 65
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 44
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- Letter: Acting on immigration 39
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26