Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The recent shake-up of EnergySolutions management again begs the question, what were we thinking when our pristine, clean state decided to haul into it what other states knew was dangerous and wanted to get rid of? If it was all right to store the waste, I'm sure other states would have stored it. You know, sometimes our state leaders look like they are void of any common sense.
EnergySolutions was really quite smart when it sold the idea to the Larry H. Miller Group to have them name the home of the Utah Jazz the "EnergySolutions Arena." It helped give EnergySolutions a feeling of respectability and honesty. Respectability and honesty are two qualities EnergySolutions doesn't deserve.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Republicans and Democrats agree, in part, on...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 82
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 49
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36