The Denver Post, Helen H. Richardson, Associated Press
Our take: With the climate changing, scientists believe that the characteristics of the Colorado wildfire could be something that will be seen often in the future. In that case, it is important to know the characteristics to take preventative action.
The Colorado fires feature "a lot of the characteristics we would expect under climate change," according to climate scientists.
For the past thirty years, residents of tiny Laporte, Colo., near the Wyoming border have gathered inside Bob's Coffee Shop to swap gossip over coffee and danishes near the dense pine forest of Lory State Park. But since the weekend, Bob's has become a very different kind of social hub: a de facto refugee camp for homeowners fleeing what many here call the worst wildfire in decades.
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- What people never mention when they talk...
- 2 cops in New York City ambushed, fatally...
- Think your marital status is important? The...
- Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin has aneurysm
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 14
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- Utah mourners for Pakistani children... 8