The Denver Post, Helen H. Richardson, Associated Press
Our take: With the climate changing, scientists believe that the characteristics of the Colorado wildfire could be something that will be seen often in the future. In that case, it is important to know the characteristics to take preventative action.
The Colorado fires feature "a lot of the characteristics we would expect under climate change," according to climate scientists.
For the past thirty years, residents of tiny Laporte, Colo., near the Wyoming border have gathered inside Bob's Coffee Shop to swap gossip over coffee and danishes near the dense pine forest of Lory State Park. But since the weekend, Bob's has become a very different kind of social hub: a de facto refugee camp for homeowners fleeing what many here call the worst wildfire in decades.
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- 'The Lion King' earns record box office
- Prosecutor: 800 rounds found in White House...
- Why a parent going to prison can be worse...
- Apple sells more than 10 million iPhones in...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 10
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 9
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 8
- It's not just young people —... 7