Julio Cortez, Associated Press
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — New York Jets coach Rex Ryan says backup quarterback Tim Tebow will take snaps only with the second-team offense during the team's three-day minicamp.
Mark Sanchez, whom the team has repeatedly insisted is the Jets' undisputed starter, will run the first-string offense throughout the practices. Ryan, who spoke before the Jets' first minicamp session Tuesday, eliminated any early suspense or speculation about whether Tebow could make a potential run at Sanchez's starting job.
Tebow, acquired from Denver in March, is expected to serve in a variety of roles for the Jets this season, including running the team's wildcat-style offense and serving as a punt protector on special teams.
Ryan adds that wide receiver Santonio Holmes could be limited after straining a hamstring during organized team activities last week.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19