Kathleen Parker: President Obama's enemies are not all on other side of the aisle
But the fact that Obama's surrogates can't stick to the script may be the best barometer of his perilous incumbency. In the political jungle, where people tend to be more Darwinian than divine, he is wounded and the pack is beginning to turn. Former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, who could be a hockey mom if he wore lipstick, recently told ABC's Charlie Rose in so many words that Hillary Clinton would have been a better president.
Yes, that is blood you smell.
Romney was nearly destroyed by his own team because he was perceived as weak, a likely loser. Beware, Mr. President. The dogs of war have been let loose, and they're not all on the other side.
Kathleen Parker's email address is email@example.com.
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- In our opinion: Sharing ideas across schools...
- My view: Fighting the ignoble reign of money
- Letters: Bennett is right
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 34
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 21