Evan Vucci, File, Associated Press
Recently Mitt Romney and the GOP have raised more money than Barack Obama and the Democrats. Even tough Willard "Mitt" Romney and the GOP have rased over $76 million in recent weeks.
I firmly believe that Romney must utilize the majority of his own money in his quest for the presidency. In my view, it isn't "buying the presidency" Just the contrary. Fewer modern candidates want to put their own fortunes on the line, as our nation's Founding Fathers did.
Mitt needs to prove his sincerity by betting on himself so heavily that he will be impoverished if he loses. That is the only way to prove his sincerity. Otherwise, he is just another "catcher's Mitt" scooping up other peoples' money. A man worth $250 can put more of his own neck on the line.
James A. Marples
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- My view: Problems with Rep. Mike Noel’s...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 57
- Letter: Fair living wage 33
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 29
- In our opinion: Time to separate food... 25
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- Letter: We can do better 22