Evan Vucci, File, Associated Press
Recently Mitt Romney and the GOP have raised more money than Barack Obama and the Democrats. Even tough Willard "Mitt" Romney and the GOP have rased over $76 million in recent weeks.
I firmly believe that Romney must utilize the majority of his own money in his quest for the presidency. In my view, it isn't "buying the presidency" Just the contrary. Fewer modern candidates want to put their own fortunes on the line, as our nation's Founding Fathers did.
Mitt needs to prove his sincerity by betting on himself so heavily that he will be impoverished if he loses. That is the only way to prove his sincerity. Otherwise, he is just another "catcher's Mitt" scooping up other peoples' money. A man worth $250 can put more of his own neck on the line.
James A. Marples
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and Swallow...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Letter: Degrading literature
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 112
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 74
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 62
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 51
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 48
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- The complicated political views of... 33