Evan Vucci, File, Associated Press
Recently Mitt Romney and the GOP have raised more money than Barack Obama and the Democrats. Even tough Willard "Mitt" Romney and the GOP have rased over $76 million in recent weeks.
I firmly believe that Romney must utilize the majority of his own money in his quest for the presidency. In my view, it isn't "buying the presidency" Just the contrary. Fewer modern candidates want to put their own fortunes on the line, as our nation's Founding Fathers did.
Mitt needs to prove his sincerity by betting on himself so heavily that he will be impoverished if he loses. That is the only way to prove his sincerity. Otherwise, he is just another "catcher's Mitt" scooping up other peoples' money. A man worth $250 can put more of his own neck on the line.
James A. Marples
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28