Evan Vucci, File, Associated Press
Recently Mitt Romney and the GOP have raised more money than Barack Obama and the Democrats. Even tough Willard "Mitt" Romney and the GOP have rased over $76 million in recent weeks.
I firmly believe that Romney must utilize the majority of his own money in his quest for the presidency. In my view, it isn't "buying the presidency" Just the contrary. Fewer modern candidates want to put their own fortunes on the line, as our nation's Founding Fathers did.
Mitt needs to prove his sincerity by betting on himself so heavily that he will be impoverished if he loses. That is the only way to prove his sincerity. Otherwise, he is just another "catcher's Mitt" scooping up other peoples' money. A man worth $250 can put more of his own neck on the line.
James A. Marples
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- Timothy R. Clark: Graduation advice for my...
- Letters: Threats justified
- Snapshot of 2013 in political cartoons
- My view: Nothing sinister about Common Core
- In our opinion: A darkening cloud is hanging...
- State pensions threaten to bleed states dry
- In our opinion: Limit the power of the...
- Letters: Stop the witch hunt 35
- John Florez: Show leadership on... 31
- Supreme Court, Congress, citizens: The... 27
- Letter: Media failure 25
- Robert Bennett: Sticking to facts is... 23
- Letters: Threats justified 23
- In our opinion: Limit the power of the... 18
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 17