Evan Vucci, File, Associated Press
Recently Mitt Romney and the GOP have raised more money than Barack Obama and the Democrats. Even tough Willard "Mitt" Romney and the GOP have rased over $76 million in recent weeks.
I firmly believe that Romney must utilize the majority of his own money in his quest for the presidency. In my view, it isn't "buying the presidency" Just the contrary. Fewer modern candidates want to put their own fortunes on the line, as our nation's Founding Fathers did.
Mitt needs to prove his sincerity by betting on himself so heavily that he will be impoverished if he loses. That is the only way to prove his sincerity. Otherwise, he is just another "catcher's Mitt" scooping up other peoples' money. A man worth $250 can put more of his own neck on the line.
James A. Marples
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 45
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16