Evan Vucci, File, Associated Press
Recently Mitt Romney and the GOP have raised more money than Barack Obama and the Democrats. Even tough Willard "Mitt" Romney and the GOP have rased over $76 million in recent weeks.
I firmly believe that Romney must utilize the majority of his own money in his quest for the presidency. In my view, it isn't "buying the presidency" Just the contrary. Fewer modern candidates want to put their own fortunes on the line, as our nation's Founding Fathers did.
Mitt needs to prove his sincerity by betting on himself so heavily that he will be impoverished if he loses. That is the only way to prove his sincerity. Otherwise, he is just another "catcher's Mitt" scooping up other peoples' money. A man worth $250 can put more of his own neck on the line.
James A. Marples
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Chaffetz named... 32
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 31