Rock On: Utah Jazz fans atwitter over idea of D-Will return
A Twitter account devoted to Deron Williams called @Comebackdwill has popped up.
The bio says: "Come back Dwill. Dwill, Utah loves you. Come back." It goes on to explain, "Everyone retweet the message, we'll show Deron the love in a couple of months."
Rock On is having a hard time imagining Jerry Sloan being among the 1,174 followers, on a lot of levels.
Awaiting completion of a new athletics facility, the University of Utah football team is temporarily operating out of a complex of 26 trailers.
Sources say the Utes actually got the feel of trailer park life after losing their first four Pac-12 games last season.
Six-year-old Joe Armento had to try.
After his mother explained that finances kept the New York Giants from re-signing Brandon Jacobs, the boy cleaned out his piggy bank and mailed $3.36 to the 49ers running back with the following note: "So you could go to the Giants, here is my money."
Looks like the Orlando Magic have found their new general manager.
Rock On's nomination for greatest interview of the NHL season involved of New York Rangers coach John Tortorella.
According to the Wall Street Journal, his answers following a playoff practice covered three questions, lasted 26 seconds and included six words: "No," "I don't know," "both" and "good."
Somewhere off set, Charles Barkley is weeping.
Vanderbilt football coach James Franklin told Nashville's 104.5 The Zone that having a beautiful wife is a key component to recruiting.
"I've been saying it for a long time, I will not hire an assistant coach until I've seen his wife," Franklin said. "If she looks the part, and she's a D-1 recruit, then you got a chance to get hired. That's part of the deal."
Rock On sources say that after fielding numerous complaints, Franklin has decided to also consider anyone whose wife can bench press 300 pounds or run a 4.3 40.
Detroit Lions lineman Nick Fairley, after being arrested for the second time this spring: "I recognize my actions were inexcusable and I personally need to uphold the expected standard of behavior of a professional athlete."
Wait a sec, isn't that what he was doing?
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3, injuries...
- BYU's Hill has come a long way since loss at...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- Sports BLT video: Bronco Mendenhall provides...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 111
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 71
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Vai's View: BYU's greatest quarterback... 52
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 51
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 45