Rock On: Utah Jazz fans atwitter over idea of D-Will return
A Twitter account devoted to Deron Williams called @Comebackdwill has popped up.
The bio says: "Come back Dwill. Dwill, Utah loves you. Come back." It goes on to explain, "Everyone retweet the message, we'll show Deron the love in a couple of months."
Rock On is having a hard time imagining Jerry Sloan being among the 1,174 followers, on a lot of levels.
Awaiting completion of a new athletics facility, the University of Utah football team is temporarily operating out of a complex of 26 trailers.
Sources say the Utes actually got the feel of trailer park life after losing their first four Pac-12 games last season.
Six-year-old Joe Armento had to try.
After his mother explained that finances kept the New York Giants from re-signing Brandon Jacobs, the boy cleaned out his piggy bank and mailed $3.36 to the 49ers running back with the following note: "So you could go to the Giants, here is my money."
Looks like the Orlando Magic have found their new general manager.
Rock On's nomination for greatest interview of the NHL season involved of New York Rangers coach John Tortorella.
According to the Wall Street Journal, his answers following a playoff practice covered three questions, lasted 26 seconds and included six words: "No," "I don't know," "both" and "good."
Somewhere off set, Charles Barkley is weeping.
Vanderbilt football coach James Franklin told Nashville's 104.5 The Zone that having a beautiful wife is a key component to recruiting.
"I've been saying it for a long time, I will not hire an assistant coach until I've seen his wife," Franklin said. "If she looks the part, and she's a D-1 recruit, then you got a chance to get hired. That's part of the deal."
Rock On sources say that after fielding numerous complaints, Franklin has decided to also consider anyone whose wife can bench press 300 pounds or run a 4.3 40.
Detroit Lions lineman Nick Fairley, after being arrested for the second time this spring: "I recognize my actions were inexcusable and I personally need to uphold the expected standard of behavior of a professional athlete."
Wait a sec, isn't that what he was doing?
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20