Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
GARDEN CITY — Plans for a $42 million resort on the shores of Bear Lake in Rich County have cleared another hurdle.
Logan's Herald Journal reports the Garden City Town Council and the planning commission have voted to approve the preliminary plat for the first several phases of the Waters Edge Resort, a planned unit development.
Waters Edge, a Holiday Inn resort franchise, would include an 84-room hotel, 70 condominiums, 5,000 square feet of conference space and 40,000 square feet of commercial space.
If completed as envisioned, it would be Bear Lake's largest resort.
Developer Norman Mecham, of Garden City-based Vista Realty, can apply for building permits after turning in final plans and having them approved by engineers.
The project is expected to create 482 jobs during construction and once open.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 85
- Bingham High students walk out over... 74
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 23
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18