Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
GARDEN CITY — Plans for a $42 million resort on the shores of Bear Lake in Rich County have cleared another hurdle.
Logan's Herald Journal reports the Garden City Town Council and the planning commission have voted to approve the preliminary plat for the first several phases of the Waters Edge Resort, a planned unit development.
Waters Edge, a Holiday Inn resort franchise, would include an 84-room hotel, 70 condominiums, 5,000 square feet of conference space and 40,000 square feet of commercial space.
If completed as envisioned, it would be Bear Lake's largest resort.
Developer Norman Mecham, of Garden City-based Vista Realty, can apply for building permits after turning in final plans and having them approved by engineers.
The project is expected to create 482 jobs during construction and once open.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Blunt force trauma caused S. Carolina woman's...
- Police: Woman found near Goshen died of...
- Man dies after allegedly ignoring police and...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 85
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9