Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
GARDEN CITY — Plans for a $42 million resort on the shores of Bear Lake in Rich County have cleared another hurdle.
Logan's Herald Journal reports the Garden City Town Council and the planning commission have voted to approve the preliminary plat for the first several phases of the Waters Edge Resort, a planned unit development.
Waters Edge, a Holiday Inn resort franchise, would include an 84-room hotel, 70 condominiums, 5,000 square feet of conference space and 40,000 square feet of commercial space.
If completed as envisioned, it would be Bear Lake's largest resort.
Developer Norman Mecham, of Garden City-based Vista Realty, can apply for building permits after turning in final plans and having them approved by engineers.
The project is expected to create 482 jobs during construction and once open.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18