Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
GARDEN CITY — Plans for a $42 million resort on the shores of Bear Lake in Rich County have cleared another hurdle.
Logan's Herald Journal reports the Garden City Town Council and the planning commission have voted to approve the preliminary plat for the first several phases of the Waters Edge Resort, a planned unit development.
Waters Edge, a Holiday Inn resort franchise, would include an 84-room hotel, 70 condominiums, 5,000 square feet of conference space and 40,000 square feet of commercial space.
If completed as envisioned, it would be Bear Lake's largest resort.
Developer Norman Mecham, of Garden City-based Vista Realty, can apply for building permits after turning in final plans and having them approved by engineers.
The project is expected to create 482 jobs during construction and once open.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9