Henny Ray Abrams, Associated Press
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Lionel Messi scored on three dazzling runs for his second international hat trick, finishing the season with a record 82 goals for club and country and giving Argentina to a 4-3 win over South American rival Brazil in an exhibition game Saturday.
With Brazil using a mostly young roster ahead of the Olympics, Romulo put the five-time world champions ahead in the 23rd minute. Messi gave Argentina a 2-1 lead with goals in the 31st and 34th on spectacular dashes that beat the defense, but Oscar tied the score in the 56th and Hulk tapped in a corner kick dropped by goalkeeper Sergio Romero in the 72nd.
Argentina came back once again three minutes later when Frederico Fernandez scored off a corner kick by Sergio Aguero, who had just entered the game.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20