Henny Ray Abrams, Associated Press
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Lionel Messi scored on three dazzling runs for his second international hat trick, finishing the season with a record 82 goals for club and country and giving Argentina to a 4-3 win over South American rival Brazil in an exhibition game Saturday.
With Brazil using a mostly young roster ahead of the Olympics, Romulo put the five-time world champions ahead in the 23rd minute. Messi gave Argentina a 2-1 lead with goals in the 31st and 34th on spectacular dashes that beat the defense, but Oscar tied the score in the 56th and Hulk tapped in a corner kick dropped by goalkeeper Sergio Romero in the 72nd.
Argentina came back once again three minutes later when Frederico Fernandez scored off a corner kick by Sergio Aguero, who had just entered the game.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28