Whiteley lives in the Sacramento area with his wife, Erin, and their two children, ages 11 and 9. Years before the couple started dating, Greg caught Erin's attention with a speech he delivered at church.
"I was in the foyer and he was giving a talk (in the chapel)," Erin said. "I heard him over the loudspeaker, and I thought it was the best talk I'd ever heard someone give at any church. He's an amazing public speaker."
Whiteley and Flaherty speak frequently, and while the conversations usually commence on a professional bent it's not long before the topic turns to family.
"He's an awesome husband and an awesome father," Flaherty said. "When so many people in Hollywood love to talk about their latest projects, what they're working on, what they're hoping to get — that stuff is probably 50th on Greg's list, because Greg always likes to talk about his wife and his children."
- 'A dream fulfilled': Lindon couple closing...
- A black and white Christmas: 5 classic...
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- Chris Hicks: The most popular movie of all...
- Utah-based 'Kid History' collaborates with...
- Researching Family History: Handel's oratorio...
- The Piano Guys: 4 dads on a mission
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay... 143
- 'Get Married and Be Submissive':... 26
- Researching Family History: Handel's... 11
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to... 10
- Pennsylvania pastor appeals defrocking... 8
- 'A dream fulfilled': Lindon couple... 6
- Ron Burgundy continues to weave through... 4
- Chris Hicks: The most popular movie of... 4