Groupon cancels association with pornography group after Morality in Media boycott
Our take: Morality in Media, an anti-pornography organization founded by a Catholic priest, has been boycotting online "deal-of-the day" website Groupon for its association with a pornography business. By acquiring over 20,000 signatures pledging to boycott Groupon because of their undesirable business ties, the Morality in Media was successful in prompting Groupon to end the association.
The deal-of-the-day website Groupon has decided to discontinue its business association with a California-based porn group.
Morality In Media, an anti-porn organization that launched a boycott against Groupon over offering tours of a facility used by a business that sells torture porn, claimed victory.
Dawn Hawkins, executive director for MIM, told The Christian Post that while MIM cooperated with past boycotts, this was the first one the organization itself had headed.
"We are encouraged by the outcome and feel very confident in our united ability to challenge the pornography industry and the pornification of our society wherever possible," said Hawkins.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- 6 Mormon sisters share uplifting music with...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Video purports to show second beheading of US...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 66
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 18
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 8
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3