Christopher Chapp, a political scientist from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, looks at the Wisconsin recal election through an analysis of the stat's history on labor, religion and policy:
Governor Walker — a self-identified born-again Christian and the son of a Baptist minister — is no stranger to religious arguments in politics. Indeed, he sees a clear connection between the two, noting at his inaugural prayer breakfast, The great creator, no matter who you worship, is the one from which our freedoms are derived, not the government."
Read more about the roll of religion in the Wisconsin recall election on Religion & Politics .
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- After 1st Ebola case in NYC, 3 others...
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- 3 in critical condition after school shooting...
- Guantanamo prisoners in protest over women...
- White House fence jumper charged with assault
- Threat to break isolation in Liberia over food
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 116
- California orders churches, others to... 25
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 23
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 19
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious... 11
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an... 8