Christopher Chapp, a political scientist from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, looks at the Wisconsin recal election through an analysis of the stat's history on labor, religion and policy:
Governor Walker — a self-identified born-again Christian and the son of a Baptist minister — is no stranger to religious arguments in politics. Indeed, he sees a clear connection between the two, noting at his inaugural prayer breakfast, The great creator, no matter who you worship, is the one from which our freedoms are derived, not the government."
Read more about the roll of religion in the Wisconsin recall election on Religion & Politics .
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- NCAA settles head injury suit, will change rules
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- Navajo Generating Station, West's largest...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 43
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Navajo Generating Station, West's... 11