Bible translation company will work on translations for small, unreached people groups
Our take: The "Least of These" project is an initiative designed to provide Bibles translated into the languages of unreached populations whose languages are only spoken by a small amount of people. Because the numbers aren't high, Bibles aren't often translated into languages with very few speakers who often live in isolated areas. However, The Seed Company, which started the initiative, plans to work with Christians around the world who will help strategize and research for the translations.
The Seed Company, the world's fastest-growing Bible translation organization, today announced the Least of These initiative, designed to translate the Word of God for the world's most marginalized people. Of the more than 2,000 languages still without any Scripture, 1,240 have 10,000 or fewer speakers. Most live in remote or inhospitable regions; all are without God's Word in their language.
The Seed Company, along with its global partnership base, is making an all-out effort to enlist the support of Christians across America. Many Least of These projects are already underway and others are ready to begin or expand, but they need support to do so. To maximize this support, The Bolthouse Foundation will match every Least of These donation from any church-related group.
"Translation projects focusing on large people groups have traditionally received more attention," said Roy Peterson, president and CEO of The Seed Company. "However, the needs of smaller populations are just as great and include a variety of unique challenges, from political and religious oppression to geographic and cultural isolation."
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay unions...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Courage and valor: A bizarre order for a WWII...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of... 81
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 62
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay... 59
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 42
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 28
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 24
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Letters to family show Steven Powell... 17