Wisconsin Govenor Scott Walker's "culture of life" reflected in recall victory
Seth Perlman, File, Associated Press
Related articles: Gov. Scott Walker survives recall election in Wisconsin
Our take: Governor Scott Walker, R-Wis., is the first governor to emerge victorious from a recall election. His positions on social issues like abortion and unions have drawn accolades and criticism. Right-to-life advocates are hailing his victory as one that is also a victory for unborn children, as the pro-life governor has never shied away from taking an unpopular stand for the unborn.
"Hundreds of thousands of right-to-life people understood the high stakes for unborn children in yesterday's recall elections and they voted their right-to-life convictions. Many rolled up their sleeves and worked tirelessly to help re-elect right-to-life champions, Governor Scott Walker and Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch," said Susan Armacost, Director of the Wisconsin Right to Life Political Action Committee.
"Governor Walker has contributed more to building a culture of life in Wisconsin than any other single public servant in our state's history. As a member of the State Assembly and now as Governor, Governor Walker has been a leader and courageous advocate for public policy initiatives that enhance the dignity of human life. Lieutenant Governor Kleefisch has strongly advocated on behalf of legislation that would protect unborn children, pregnant women and the taxpayers of our great state. Our members and supporters understood that if pro-abortion Tom Barrett were to win yesterday, the progress we have made to build a culture of life in Wisconsin would be set back for years to come.
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning home...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- LDS Family Services providing free online...
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- Elder Holland discusses religious freedom,...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 103
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 72
- Why I make my kids go to church 55
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 18
- Netanyahu speech deepens rift between... 15
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning... 13
- K2 The Church's grand opening a... 12
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 7