Wisconsin Govenor Scott Walker's "culture of life" reflected in recall victory
Seth Perlman, File, Associated Press
Related articles: Gov. Scott Walker survives recall election in Wisconsin
Our take: Governor Scott Walker, R-Wis., is the first governor to emerge victorious from a recall election. His positions on social issues like abortion and unions have drawn accolades and criticism. Right-to-life advocates are hailing his victory as one that is also a victory for unborn children, as the pro-life governor has never shied away from taking an unpopular stand for the unborn.
"Hundreds of thousands of right-to-life people understood the high stakes for unborn children in yesterday's recall elections and they voted their right-to-life convictions. Many rolled up their sleeves and worked tirelessly to help re-elect right-to-life champions, Governor Scott Walker and Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch," said Susan Armacost, Director of the Wisconsin Right to Life Political Action Committee.
"Governor Walker has contributed more to building a culture of life in Wisconsin than any other single public servant in our state's history. As a member of the State Assembly and now as Governor, Governor Walker has been a leader and courageous advocate for public policy initiatives that enhance the dignity of human life. Lieutenant Governor Kleefisch has strongly advocated on behalf of legislation that would protect unborn children, pregnant women and the taxpayers of our great state. Our members and supporters understood that if pro-abortion Tom Barrett were to win yesterday, the progress we have made to build a culture of life in Wisconsin would be set back for years to come.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- President Henry B. Eyring: 'The Comforter'
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson: 'Defenders of the...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- From log cabin to university, BYU-Idaho...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 165
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 16
- General Women's Session focuses on... 12
- State bills to protect religious... 10
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8