Former anti-Semite and radical Muslim Kasim Hafeez now embraces Zionist faith
Our take: Kasim Hafeez was raised as a Muslim and through his familial and friendship relationships, that faith turned not only into a radical belief, but turned him into a man who held nothing but contempt for Jews. It wasn't until he tried to tear apart the Zionist belief system that he ended up turning toward it. He eventually visited the Holy Land and found nothing but kindness which forever changed not only his perspective but also his heart.
Once an ardently anti-Israel and anti-Semitic radical Muslim, now a proud Zionist. Not too many people own that bio, but that's exactly how Kasim Hafeez describes himself.
Hafeez was born into a British Muslim household to Pakistani parents "and with the constant drip of indoctrination at home and in my circle of friends, became both anti-Israeli and anti-Semitic in my teen years," he writes on his website. He says his father would frequently praise Adolf Hitler, describing the Nazi dictator's only shortcoming as his failure to kill even more Jews during the Holocaust. In his community, he was bombarded with messages calling for the destruction of Israel which was perpetually presented as a terror state.
Hafeez says he bullied Jews in college and it was only after reading Alan Dershowitz's "The Case for Israel" that he began to doubt his beliefs. In fact he had planned to read the book as an exercise in deconstructing the "vile Zionist propaganda," but it ended up challenging him to the core.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5