In March, Taco Bell introduced its Doritos Locos Tacos, with shells made out of Nacho Cheese Doritos. The chain sold 100 million of the tacos in the first 10 weeks of sales, exceeding its expectations, said Taco Bell spokesman Rob Poetsch.
In January, the chain started offering breakfast at nearly 800 restaurants mostly in the Western U.S. Taco Bell hopes to go nationwide with its breakfast burritos, sausage and egg wraps and hash browns by the end of 2014, Niccol said.
Meanwhile, Taco Bell's sales rebounded in the first three months of the year following a nearly yearlong slump stemming from a short-lived lawsuit that raised questions about its meat filling.
Taco Bell accounts for about 60 percent of U.S. profit for Louisville-based Yum Brands Inc., whose chains also include KFC and Pizza Hut.
In its first-quarter earnings this year, Yum said sales at Taco Bell stores open at least a year — an indicator of a restaurant chain's health — rose 6 percent. Yum executives predicted even more robust gains for the chain in the second quarter.
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- WestJet airline video goes viral as Santa...
- Young adults are faced with risky decision to...
- The Grand America and the Flower Patch: Once...
- Gift Guide: Do homework when buying a tablet...
- 2 financial goals you should revisit every year
- Utah gas prices among lowest in nation
- Are Americans investing or speculating on a...
- The American Dream is still alive for... 11
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Young adults are faced with risky... 9
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies,... 8
- WestJet airline video goes viral as... 4
- Utah gas prices among lowest in nation 4
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and... 3