FRESNO, Calif. — The Fresno Grizzlies earned a split of their four-game series with Salt Lake, as they cruised to a 5-2 victory over the Bees on Tuesday night.
The Grizzlies took control of the game with three runs in the third inning on a two-run single by Conor Gillaspie and a run-scoring fielder's choice by Francisco Peguero. Fresno led 5-0 going into the ninth, but Cory Aldridge belted a two-run homer to keep Salt Lake from being shut out for the third time this season.
Eric Hurley (5-5) started and took the loss for the Bees. He went 51?3 innings and allowed four runs on seven hits with four strikeouts and one walk. Angels relief pitcher LaTroy Hawkins, who pitched for the Salt Lake Buzz from 1994-97, tossed a 1-2-3 seventh inning to begin an injury rehab assignment.
Efren Navarro had three hits, including a double, and Robinzon Diaz added two hits for Salt Lake.
San Francisco Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval began a rehab assignment with Fresno and went 1-for-4 with a double.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 35
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28