Utah football: Griff McNabb transferring to Southern Utah
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah junior Griff McNabb, who ranked second in the Pac-12 last season in punt returns with 7.5 yards per attempt, has decided to transfer to Southern Utah. The 5-foot-7, 160-pound receiver out of Highland High in Pocatello, Idaho, saw action in 12 games last season. McNabb set up the game-tying touchdown in the Sun Bowl against Georgia Tech with a 31-yard punt return. As a freshman, the walk-on had a touchdown catch against Colorado State.
"I'm grateful to Coach (Kyle) Whittingham and Coach (Aaron) Roderick for giving me the opportunity to play at Utah because I didn't have any other offers out of high school," McNabb said in a statement. "I really enjoyed my time at Utah and made a lot of good friends. I feel that with my size and the level of competition that Utah is playing now, I'd have a better chance to pursue my goals and dreams at SUU."
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43