Utah football: Griff McNabb transferring to Southern Utah
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah junior Griff McNabb, who ranked second in the Pac-12 last season in punt returns with 7.5 yards per attempt, has decided to transfer to Southern Utah. The 5-foot-7, 160-pound receiver out of Highland High in Pocatello, Idaho, saw action in 12 games last season. McNabb set up the game-tying touchdown in the Sun Bowl against Georgia Tech with a 31-yard punt return. As a freshman, the walk-on had a touchdown catch against Colorado State.
"I'm grateful to Coach (Kyle) Whittingham and Coach (Aaron) Roderick for giving me the opportunity to play at Utah because I didn't have any other offers out of high school," McNabb said in a statement. "I really enjoyed my time at Utah and made a lot of good friends. I feel that with my size and the level of competition that Utah is playing now, I'd have a better chance to pursue my goals and dreams at SUU."
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22