Our take: Syrian Christians face mortal danger from Muslim extremists if they try to leave their country by crossing the border. This has left many of them in dire need of food, medicine and other supplies. Across the border, Lebanese Christians prepared emergency relief packages to send to them, risking their lives to cross the border.
Over the weekend, food packages, medicine, and evangelistic materials were delivered to Syrian Christians as Lebanese Christians bravely risked their lives to deliver what they could.
"A series of house meetings were held," says Bill Bray with Christian Aid Mission. "Over 600 emergency relief packages were delivered from missionaries in Lebanon who crossed the border, and they brought in medicine and conducted these meetings."
With far over 9,000 Syrians dead from atrocity after atrocity, thousands have fled the warring nation; but others cannot afford the risk of leaving. The meetings that took place over the weekend were a way to physically reach out to suffering believers who are trapped in Syria.
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Biblical names for Lord...
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 66
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 23
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7
- 10 ideas of what God looks like 7