Our take: Syrian Christians face mortal danger from Muslim extremists if they try to leave their country by crossing the border. This has left many of them in dire need of food, medicine and other supplies. Across the border, Lebanese Christians prepared emergency relief packages to send to them, risking their lives to cross the border.
Over the weekend, food packages, medicine, and evangelistic materials were delivered to Syrian Christians as Lebanese Christians bravely risked their lives to deliver what they could.
"A series of house meetings were held," says Bill Bray with Christian Aid Mission. "Over 600 emergency relief packages were delivered from missionaries in Lebanon who crossed the border, and they brought in medicine and conducted these meetings."
With far over 9,000 Syrians dead from atrocity after atrocity, thousands have fled the warring nation; but others cannot afford the risk of leaving. The meetings that took place over the weekend were a way to physically reach out to suffering believers who are trapped in Syria.
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Russians' views on religion are changing, and...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 31
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 30
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 23
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 17
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 12
- Russians' views on religion are... 11
- 5 faith facts about Jim Gilmore:... 7