Our take: Syrian Christians face mortal danger from Muslim extremists if they try to leave their country by crossing the border. This has left many of them in dire need of food, medicine and other supplies. Across the border, Lebanese Christians prepared emergency relief packages to send to them, risking their lives to cross the border.
Over the weekend, food packages, medicine, and evangelistic materials were delivered to Syrian Christians as Lebanese Christians bravely risked their lives to deliver what they could.
"A series of house meetings were held," says Bill Bray with Christian Aid Mission. "Over 600 emergency relief packages were delivered from missionaries in Lebanon who crossed the border, and they brought in medicine and conducted these meetings."
With far over 9,000 Syrians dead from atrocity after atrocity, thousands have fled the warring nation; but others cannot afford the risk of leaving. The meetings that took place over the weekend were a way to physically reach out to suffering believers who are trapped in Syria.
- Mormon mission president held, robbed by...
- LDS missionaries meet London teen battling...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- New Harmony: Now pitching for the Angels:...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 11
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 7
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 7
- 5 must-see answers to faith's biggest... 7
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian... 5
- LDS missionaries meet London teen... 5