Our take: Syrian Christians face mortal danger from Muslim extremists if they try to leave their country by crossing the border. This has left many of them in dire need of food, medicine and other supplies. Across the border, Lebanese Christians prepared emergency relief packages to send to them, risking their lives to cross the border.
Over the weekend, food packages, medicine, and evangelistic materials were delivered to Syrian Christians as Lebanese Christians bravely risked their lives to deliver what they could.
"A series of house meetings were held," says Bill Bray with Christian Aid Mission. "Over 600 emergency relief packages were delivered from missionaries in Lebanon who crossed the border, and they brought in medicine and conducted these meetings."
With far over 9,000 Syrians dead from atrocity after atrocity, thousands have fled the warring nation; but others cannot afford the risk of leaving. The meetings that took place over the weekend were a way to physically reach out to suffering believers who are trapped in Syria.
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with free...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- 5 things to remember when you think God... 10
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 5
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 4
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3
- Jerry Earl Johnston: A celebrated... 3