FRESNO — Three Salt Lake pitchers combined for the pitching staff's first shutout of the season, as the Bees blanked the Fresno Grizzlies 9-0 on Monday night.
Starter Eddie McKiernan (1-1) set the tone with seven scoreless innings.
He gave up just three hits with two strikeouts and one walk and at one point retired thirteen consecutive batters.
Ryan Brasier worked a scoreless eighth and Kevin Johnson completed the shutout despite giving up a leadoff double in the ninth.
The Bees took a 1-0 lead in the second on an RBI single by Adam Heether.
In the fourth, Salt Lake extended their lead on back-to-back homers by Cory Aldridge, a two run shot, and Heether.
Paul McAnulty capped off the scoring with a three run blast in the ninth inning.
He led the Bees with two hits and three runs batted in, while Heether added two hits and two RBIs.
Up next: at Fresno, 8 p.m. today
Next homestand: June 11-17 vs. Tacoma (Mariners)/Fresno (Giants)
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 62
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 30
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28