FRESNO — Three Salt Lake pitchers combined for the pitching staff's first shutout of the season, as the Bees blanked the Fresno Grizzlies 9-0 on Monday night.
Starter Eddie McKiernan (1-1) set the tone with seven scoreless innings.
He gave up just three hits with two strikeouts and one walk and at one point retired thirteen consecutive batters.
Ryan Brasier worked a scoreless eighth and Kevin Johnson completed the shutout despite giving up a leadoff double in the ninth.
The Bees took a 1-0 lead in the second on an RBI single by Adam Heether.
In the fourth, Salt Lake extended their lead on back-to-back homers by Cory Aldridge, a two run shot, and Heether.
Paul McAnulty capped off the scoring with a three run blast in the ninth inning.
He led the Bees with two hits and three runs batted in, while Heether added two hits and two RBIs.
Up next: at Fresno, 8 p.m. today
Next homestand: June 11-17 vs. Tacoma (Mariners)/Fresno (Giants)
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave Rose's...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Jazz notes: Respect high between Coach...
- Utes return home and handle Huskies, 90-82,...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 44
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 43
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 33