FRESNO — Three Salt Lake pitchers combined for the pitching staff's first shutout of the season, as the Bees blanked the Fresno Grizzlies 9-0 on Monday night.
Starter Eddie McKiernan (1-1) set the tone with seven scoreless innings.
He gave up just three hits with two strikeouts and one walk and at one point retired thirteen consecutive batters.
Ryan Brasier worked a scoreless eighth and Kevin Johnson completed the shutout despite giving up a leadoff double in the ninth.
The Bees took a 1-0 lead in the second on an RBI single by Adam Heether.
In the fourth, Salt Lake extended their lead on back-to-back homers by Cory Aldridge, a two run shot, and Heether.
Paul McAnulty capped off the scoring with a three run blast in the ninth inning.
He led the Bees with two hits and three runs batted in, while Heether added two hits and two RBIs.
Up next: at Fresno, 8 p.m. today
Next homestand: June 11-17 vs. Tacoma (Mariners)/Fresno (Giants)
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- High school boys basketball: Underdog...
- Dick Harmon: Kyle Collinsworth's career game...
- High school boys basketball: Bountiful...
- David Stockton, son of John, saves the day...
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- BYU basketball: Cougars show their respect...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 66
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 47
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 43
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28