FRESNO — Three Salt Lake pitchers combined for the pitching staff's first shutout of the season, as the Bees blanked the Fresno Grizzlies 9-0 on Monday night.
Starter Eddie McKiernan (1-1) set the tone with seven scoreless innings.
He gave up just three hits with two strikeouts and one walk and at one point retired thirteen consecutive batters.
Ryan Brasier worked a scoreless eighth and Kevin Johnson completed the shutout despite giving up a leadoff double in the ninth.
The Bees took a 1-0 lead in the second on an RBI single by Adam Heether.
In the fourth, Salt Lake extended their lead on back-to-back homers by Cory Aldridge, a two run shot, and Heether.
Paul McAnulty capped off the scoring with a three run blast in the ninth inning.
He led the Bees with two hits and three runs batted in, while Heether added two hits and two RBIs.
Up next: at Fresno, 8 p.m. today
Next homestand: June 11-17 vs. Tacoma (Mariners)/Fresno (Giants)
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25