FRESNO — Three Salt Lake pitchers combined for the pitching staff's first shutout of the season, as the Bees blanked the Fresno Grizzlies 9-0 on Monday night.
Starter Eddie McKiernan (1-1) set the tone with seven scoreless innings.
He gave up just three hits with two strikeouts and one walk and at one point retired thirteen consecutive batters.
Ryan Brasier worked a scoreless eighth and Kevin Johnson completed the shutout despite giving up a leadoff double in the ninth.
The Bees took a 1-0 lead in the second on an RBI single by Adam Heether.
In the fourth, Salt Lake extended their lead on back-to-back homers by Cory Aldridge, a two run shot, and Heether.
Paul McAnulty capped off the scoring with a three run blast in the ninth inning.
He led the Bees with two hits and three runs batted in, while Heether added two hits and two RBIs.
Up next: at Fresno, 8 p.m. today
Next homestand: June 11-17 vs. Tacoma (Mariners)/Fresno (Giants)
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls —...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 112
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 64
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 30
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 23
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 20
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8