FRESNO — Three Salt Lake pitchers combined for the pitching staff's first shutout of the season, as the Bees blanked the Fresno Grizzlies 9-0 on Monday night.
Starter Eddie McKiernan (1-1) set the tone with seven scoreless innings.
He gave up just three hits with two strikeouts and one walk and at one point retired thirteen consecutive batters.
Ryan Brasier worked a scoreless eighth and Kevin Johnson completed the shutout despite giving up a leadoff double in the ninth.
The Bees took a 1-0 lead in the second on an RBI single by Adam Heether.
In the fourth, Salt Lake extended their lead on back-to-back homers by Cory Aldridge, a two run shot, and Heether.
Paul McAnulty capped off the scoring with a three run blast in the ninth inning.
He led the Bees with two hits and three runs batted in, while Heether added two hits and two RBIs.
Up next: at Fresno, 8 p.m. today
Next homestand: June 11-17 vs. Tacoma (Mariners)/Fresno (Giants)
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 137
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 100
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48