Julio Cortez, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Tim Tebow has been invited to Mark Sanchez's "Jets West" passing camp this summer and is expected to attend.
A person with knowledge of the invitation said Monday that Sanchez extended the invite to Tebow. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the invitation was not made public.
Sanchez has held the camp in California each of the last two years. Four Jets quarterbacks attended in 2011.
The Jets acquired Tebow in March to be a backup to fourth-year QB Sanchez and to run some plays in the wildcat/option offense. Both have been heavily involved in voluntary offseason workouts at the team facility in New Jersey, and "Jets West" is an extension of those practices.
New York is installing a new offense under coordinator Tony Sparano, hired to replace Brian Schottenheimer after last season.
Most of the Jets' skill-position players are expected to attend Sanchez's camp, although it's uncertain if top receiver Santonio Holmes will be there. Holmes had feuded with several players on offense last season, but all of them have said there is no lingering animosity.
Holmes has yet to attend any of the organized team activities in New Jersey.
Sanchez has looked sharp during the workouts, while Tebow has been inconsistent throwing the ball.
"I know he's going to help us all over the field," Sanchez said of Tebow."
The invitation previously was reported by several media outlets.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48