Quadriplegic radio host uses her faith to share hope with other disabled people
Our take: Joni Eareckson Tada is a vocal advocate for people living with disabilities. After losing the use of her body, below the neck, in a swimming accident, she overcame suicidal thoughts and other struggles to become one of the most recognizable advocates for people with disabilities, sharing hope, which has grown from her faith in God, for people going through a similar experience on her radio show, which celebrates 30 years this year.
Joni Eareckson Tada has been journeying with radio listeners for three decades. In May, the inspirational hosts daily, five-minute program, Joni and Friends Radio, reached its 30th anniversary, with over 7,800 episodes to date. What once seemed impossible for the woman, who has worked feverishly to educate her listeners about people who live with disabilities, has come to fruition in a way she could have never imagined.
Tada, who once was so depressed over her own paralyzation that she considered suicide, is, today, one of the most recognizable and well-known advocates for individuals with disabilities. Her work and her passion are widely known.
The Christian Post shares more about the long journey that inevitably brought Tadas thoughts and inspirational messages to millions of individuals around the world.
Read more at The Blaze.http://www.theblaze.com/stories/quadriplegic-activist-joni-eareckson-tadas-christian-radio-show-hits-30-year-anniversary/
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- Pope visits Auschwitz in silence, meets...
- Pope urges clergy to go into the world, tend...
- Pioneer Day sunrise service: 'A legacy of faith'
- Days of '47 Parade: 'Pioneers: Inspiring...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 45
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 34
- 'Duck Dynasty' star: Media,... 26
- 5 prayers to God that were just uttered... 22
- Defending the Faith: The 18th annual... 20
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 17
- The Clean Cut: New BYU football video... 15
- Great quote, Tim Kaine, but John Wesley... 12