Quadriplegic radio host uses her faith to share hope with other disabled people
Our take: Joni Eareckson Tada is a vocal advocate for people living with disabilities. After losing the use of her body, below the neck, in a swimming accident, she overcame suicidal thoughts and other struggles to become one of the most recognizable advocates for people with disabilities, sharing hope, which has grown from her faith in God, for people going through a similar experience on her radio show, which celebrates 30 years this year.
Joni Eareckson Tada has been journeying with radio listeners for three decades. In May, the inspirational hosts daily, five-minute program, Joni and Friends Radio, reached its 30th anniversary, with over 7,800 episodes to date. What once seemed impossible for the woman, who has worked feverishly to educate her listeners about people who live with disabilities, has come to fruition in a way she could have never imagined.
Tada, who once was so depressed over her own paralyzation that she considered suicide, is, today, one of the most recognizable and well-known advocates for individuals with disabilities. Her work and her passion are widely known.
The Christian Post shares more about the long journey that inevitably brought Tadas thoughts and inspirational messages to millions of individuals around the world.
Read more at The Blaze.
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- Rare LDS Church document discovered that...
- Joseph and Emma Smith as parents
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the...
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 72
- Faith groups urge Supreme Court to... 61
- Are church youth dances outdated? 56
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms.... 38
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries... 37
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences... 13
- Okla. attorney general wants private... 12
- Thousands of Churches to Join April 26... 10