Quadriplegic radio host uses her faith to share hope with other disabled people
Our take: Joni Eareckson Tada is a vocal advocate for people living with disabilities. After losing the use of her body, below the neck, in a swimming accident, she overcame suicidal thoughts and other struggles to become one of the most recognizable advocates for people with disabilities, sharing hope, which has grown from her faith in God, for people going through a similar experience on her radio show, which celebrates 30 years this year.
Joni Eareckson Tada has been journeying with radio listeners for three decades. In May, the inspirational hosts daily, five-minute program, Joni and Friends Radio, reached its 30th anniversary, with over 7,800 episodes to date. What once seemed impossible for the woman, who has worked feverishly to educate her listeners about people who live with disabilities, has come to fruition in a way she could have never imagined.
Tada, who once was so depressed over her own paralyzation that she considered suicide, is, today, one of the most recognizable and well-known advocates for individuals with disabilities. Her work and her passion are widely known.
The Christian Post shares more about the long journey that inevitably brought Tadas thoughts and inspirational messages to millions of individuals around the world.
Read more at The Blaze.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 57
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3