J. Scott Applewhite, Associated Press
With all the focus on government spending, people forget that there are two factors that contribute to the federal deficit. There has been a loss in revenue to the federal government because taxpayers have become benefit collectors. That is why the focus on private-sector job creation should be the most important priority in the election. We do much more to help the deficit if we turn benefit collectors into taxpayers than we will with just a simple focus on spending.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37