J. Scott Applewhite, Associated Press
With all the focus on government spending, people forget that there are two factors that contribute to the federal deficit. There has been a loss in revenue to the federal government because taxpayers have become benefit collectors. That is why the focus on private-sector job creation should be the most important priority in the election. We do much more to help the deficit if we turn benefit collectors into taxpayers than we will with just a simple focus on spending.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- My view: European view of American soft power
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 59
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 47
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 32
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 28