J. Scott Applewhite, Associated Press
With all the focus on government spending, people forget that there are two factors that contribute to the federal deficit. There has been a loss in revenue to the federal government because taxpayers have become benefit collectors. That is why the focus on private-sector job creation should be the most important priority in the election. We do much more to help the deficit if we turn benefit collectors into taxpayers than we will with just a simple focus on spending.
- Jay Evensen: Open wide and swallow your tax...
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in...
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges...
- Dan Liljenquist: Looking to the Supreme Court...
- Letter: Political police work
- Letter: Same stale air
- My view: Common Core tests erode parental rights
- Richard Davis: Let the voters decide the...
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question... 95
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get... 93
- Letter: Same stale air 48
- My view: Common Core tests erode... 39
- Letter: Mandated freedom 37
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform... 28
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah? 28
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in... 25