Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Thank you, Deseret News, for such an upbeat and comprehensive article on the "Promises to keep: Refugees refuse to forget those they left behind." It was refreshing to learn about how they have survived and become successful.
In spite of the many odds against them, they made things happen — they didn't let things happen. It's wonderful to highlight people who have come through tremendous odds and have actually worked to make their lives better and then even contributed to the community besides. Now if these guys could only teach those lessons to the Occupy Wall Street bunch.
It's humbling to see people who have such a desire to survive that they will do any job, take any class, meet any challenge that they need to in order to better their lives. By doing that, these young men have also bettered our lives.
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Charles Krauthammer: U.S. refuses to support...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- Letter: Doctors unite
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should move...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- George F. Will: The choices we have on Iran