Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Thank you, Deseret News, for such an upbeat and comprehensive article on the "Promises to keep: Refugees refuse to forget those they left behind." It was refreshing to learn about how they have survived and become successful.
In spite of the many odds against them, they made things happen — they didn't let things happen. It's wonderful to highlight people who have come through tremendous odds and have actually worked to make their lives better and then even contributed to the community besides. Now if these guys could only teach those lessons to the Occupy Wall Street bunch.
It's humbling to see people who have such a desire to survive that they will do any job, take any class, meet any challenge that they need to in order to better their lives. By doing that, these young men have also bettered our lives.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- My view: European view of American soft power
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 59
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 47
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 32
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 28