The Ogden Arts Festival will be held June 8-9. Specific times and locations throughout Ogden vary based on event. Activities will include artist showcases, a Plein Air competition and children's art projects. (www.ogdenartsfestival.com)
Deseret Book, 45 W. South Temple, will host a lunch and learn with artist Robert Barrett, June 8, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (801-328-8191)
Art Access will host "Art in Pilar's Garden," June 8-10, 4-9 p.m., at 403 E. 8th Ave. Admission is $10 per person (801-328-0703 or www.accessart.org)
SLC Arts Hub, 663 W. 100 South, will host the SLC Festival to celebrate urban art, June 9, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. (www.urbanartsfest.org)
The Dixie State College/CEBA Business of Art program is accepting applications for six artist grants. The grants will be awarded at the 2012 Business of Art seminar Nov. 9-10, in Kanab. Artists must have previously attended a Business of Art seminar to be eligible. Applications must be submitted by June 15. (435-652-7909 or www.dixie.edu/bizart/grants.php)
Midway Art Association is accepting registration for the Wasatch Plein Air Paradise, June 27-July 4. The event will include the main competition as well as five-hour "paintouts." (801-234-0162 or www.midwayartassociation.info)
Art Access, 230 S. 500 West, is calling for exhibit proposals from emerging and established artists, artists with disabilities and artists representing other underserved communities. Deadline for submission is July 1. (801-328-0703 or accessart.org/gallery/apply-to-gallery)
Please submit event listings to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- Julie Andrews missed NBC's live 'Sound of Music'
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Ballet West's 'Nutcracker' a splendid success
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- About Utah: After 72 years, Keith Hottinger...
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9
- Toddler basketball star,... 5
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: What if negative... 4
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt... 3
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition... 2
- Donor offers $5 million to help protect... 1
- Study: Erratic TV violence ratings fail... 1