The Ogden Arts Festival will be held June 8-9. Specific times and locations throughout Ogden vary based on event. Activities will include artist showcases, a Plein Air competition and children's art projects. (www.ogdenartsfestival.com)
Deseret Book, 45 W. South Temple, will host a lunch and learn with artist Robert Barrett, June 8, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (801-328-8191)
Art Access will host "Art in Pilar's Garden," June 8-10, 4-9 p.m., at 403 E. 8th Ave. Admission is $10 per person (801-328-0703 or www.accessart.org)
SLC Arts Hub, 663 W. 100 South, will host the SLC Festival to celebrate urban art, June 9, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. (www.urbanartsfest.org)
The Dixie State College/CEBA Business of Art program is accepting applications for six artist grants. The grants will be awarded at the 2012 Business of Art seminar Nov. 9-10, in Kanab. Artists must have previously attended a Business of Art seminar to be eligible. Applications must be submitted by June 15. (435-652-7909 or www.dixie.edu/bizart/grants.php)
Midway Art Association is accepting registration for the Wasatch Plein Air Paradise, June 27-July 4. The event will include the main competition as well as five-hour "paintouts." (801-234-0162 or www.midwayartassociation.info)
Art Access, 230 S. 500 West, is calling for exhibit proposals from emerging and established artists, artists with disabilities and artists representing other underserved communities. Deadline for submission is July 1. (801-328-0703 or accessart.org/gallery/apply-to-gallery)
Please submit event listings to email@example.com before 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury from...
- Doug's Take: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' is a...
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on...
- Book review: 'Joseph: A Stalwart Witness' is...
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- A look back at the Star Trek film franchise
- Former lawyer says OJ Simpson knew about guns
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Once in a while,... 5
- A look back at the Star Trek film... 3
- Angelina Jolie's double mastectomy: Q&A 2
- Prince Harry to see NJ storm damage,... 1
- 'Into Darkness' is missing that 'Star... 1
- OJ back in court; Day 4 of bid for new... 1