A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
San Francisco Bay Area Genesis Group: "A Special Destiny," June 16, 6 p.m. Oakland Interstake Center auditorium
Southwest Riverside County Hispanic Conference: Cultural Celebration, Sept. 1, 6 p.m.; Family History Expo and fireside, Sept. 2, 5 p.m LDS chapel, 18220 Dexter Ave., Lake Elsinore; Service Project, Sept. 3, 9 a.m. (For information, see www.facebook.com/events/218307228282686/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org )
Los Angeles California Temple Visitor's Center: "Joseph: a Nashville Tribute to the Prophet," by G.E.M. (Gospel Enlightened Music), June 9, 7 p.m.; "One Accord" (an a cappella group), June 10, 7:30 p.m.; "Celebrate America," by Tapestry (women chorus), June 30, 7:30 p.m.
Denver: Central Region Families Supporting Adoption Conference (for adoptive and birth families), June 8-9 (see centralregionfsa.blogspot.com/2012/03/central-region-families-supporting.html for information)
Tampa: "Choose to be Great," Regional YSA Conference, June 22-24 (see ysaconference.org or contact Jane French 813-928-4465) for registration information
BYU— Idaho (Rexburg): "An Evening with Bill Cosby," June 7 and 8, Hart Auditorium; Alyson Cambridge, June 28; "Patriots and Pioneers," a tribute performed by university choirs and the Symphony Band, July 14, BYU-Idaho Center; Jon Schmidt and Steven Sharp Perry, July 26 (see www.byui.edu/tickets or by calling 208-496-3170)
Historic Chesterfield: Dance, May 26, 8 p.m., Amusement Hall, music by Hatch family; Memorial Day celebration, May 28, 10 a.m. opening ceremony, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., tours, activities, including butter making, rope making, prairie diamond rings, hankie dolls and displays of vintage sewing machinges and antique guns (see email@example.com or call 208-648-7177 for information)
Nauvoo Pageant: July 10–31, Aug. 1–4, 2012 (excluding Sundays and Mondays), Mulholland and Main, Nauvoo (see www.nauvoopageant.org )
Washington D.C. Temple Visitors' Center: "We Follow Jesus Christ" exhibit, daily through Aug. 31; MorningStar Music Center Concert, June 9, 7 p.m.; Mormon Orchestra's Children's Concert: "Music Around the World," June 10, 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.; Night of Music and Inspiration, June 12, 7:30 p.m.; Concert: Alex Boye and the Mormon Choir of Washington, D.C., June 16, 7 p.m.; Why I Believe: Alex Boye, June 17, 7 p.m. (tickets are free but required for both events with Alex Boye; they are available from the visitor's center starting 90 minutes before each performance); (see www.mormon.org/dc )
Portland Ensign Choir and Orchestra: "Once Upon a Dream" concerts with Jenny Oaks Baker, June 15, 8 p.m., Salem (tickets required, see www.portlandensign.org )
Hill Cumorah Pageant: July 13–14, 17–21; starts at about 9:15 p.m., 603 State Route 21, Palmyra (see www.hillcumorah.org/Pageant )
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto Ontario...
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins Colorado...
- LDS Church releases statement after vandals...
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between Lehite...
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder Keith...
- How serving an LDS mission prepared me for...
- Mormon woman will be first female West Point...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program 243
- Marching band not allowed to perform... 104
- LDS Church releases statement after... 27
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 25
- Mormon woman will be first female West... 16
- This is even more evidence that Jesus... 8
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder... 7
- One organization demands 25 public... 7