Child Evangelism Fellowship celebrates 75 years of reaching out to kids
Our take: Child Evangelism Fellowship, an interdenominational organization that reaches out to kids around the world, is commemorating 75 years of creating and overseeing programs, producing literature and spreading the gospel to kids on every continent. "Good News Clubs", run by Child Evangelism Fellowship teachers, have been accepted in U.S. public schools and has brought the gospel to over 12 million children in 180 countries.
Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF) just celebrated 75 years of ministry to Children through what they call Good News Clubs. I am familiar with CEF through the opportunities I had when I was part of ministerial associations and the churches that sponsored Good News Clubs. It is a wonderful program and reaches to the hearts of kids, many of whom do not have Christian parents. It was started by a man named Jesse Irvin Overholtzer in 1937. Now there are over 42,000 Good News Clubs in 180 countries. This is truly an organization that any Christian can support and get involved with. Here is a story I found about this event in their local newspaper called emissourian.com:
Just outside Warrenton, on a quiet 650-acre site, sits the international headquarters of Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF). Since 1976, when the headquarters moved from Grand Rapids, Mich., CEF has spread its good news around the world.
On Friday, May 18, more than 300 people were on hand to celebrate the 75th anniversary of CEF, an interdenominational organization that ministers to children around the world. CEF uses a variety of programs, literature and training programs to spread its message. We are reaching children on every continent of the world, said Reese Kauffman, president of CEF. Thats what we do.
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- LDS World: Western author Wallace Stegner...
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon Conference to...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in Salt...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 302
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 43
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 42
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 31
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 27
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 23