'Passion of the Christ' prequel to be headed up by Pastor Joel Osteen
Our take: Joel Osteen, author, speaker and pastor of Lakewood Church - one of the fastest growing churches in America - is planning to take on the role of executive producer for a prequel to "The Passion of the Christ". Scheduled for release in 2013 the film, which begins shooting this summer, will focus on Mary and her personal journey as a woman and the mother of Jesus Christ.
Earlier this month, news broke that Megapastor Joel Osteen will be executive producing whats being dubbed the Biblical prequel to The Passion of the Christ. The film, entitled, Mary Mother of Christ, is going to be released in North America sometime in 2013.
The movie, which is produced by Mary Aloe of Aloe Entertainment and Shawn Williamson of Bright Light Pictures, promises to be an intriguing project that will surely peak the interest of the faithful.
Under the reign of terror of Herod the Great and against all odds, Mary and Joseph survive as young parents in one of the most treacherous times in history, Aloe Entertainment writes on the companys web site, going on to discuss Osteens executive production role. Minister Joel Osteen of Lakewood Church, the most prominent Christian Evangelical minister in the world, has signed on his first movie ever as Executive Producer with a massive marketing and promotion plan.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- 11 things you should know about the... 91
- The latest developments on religious... 42
- General Women's Session focuses on... 34
- The challenges and blessings of... 34
- State bills to protect religious... 27
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 20
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 16