'Passion of the Christ' prequel to be headed up by Pastor Joel Osteen
Our take: Joel Osteen, author, speaker and pastor of Lakewood Church - one of the fastest growing churches in America - is planning to take on the role of executive producer for a prequel to "The Passion of the Christ". Scheduled for release in 2013 the film, which begins shooting this summer, will focus on Mary and her personal journey as a woman and the mother of Jesus Christ.
Earlier this month, news broke that Megapastor Joel Osteen will be executive producing whats being dubbed the Biblical prequel to The Passion of the Christ. The film, entitled, Mary Mother of Christ, is going to be released in North America sometime in 2013.
The movie, which is produced by Mary Aloe of Aloe Entertainment and Shawn Williamson of Bright Light Pictures, promises to be an intriguing project that will surely peak the interest of the faithful.
Under the reign of terror of Herod the Great and against all odds, Mary and Joseph survive as young parents in one of the most treacherous times in history, Aloe Entertainment writes on the companys web site, going on to discuss Osteens executive production role. Minister Joel Osteen of Lakewood Church, the most prominent Christian Evangelical minister in the world, has signed on his first movie ever as Executive Producer with a massive marketing and promotion plan.
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- 'Hollywood goes to Mormon country': BYU...
- Boy Scouts of America to make membership...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 44
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 40
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 26
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of... 25
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17