Mary Altaffer, Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is giving President Barack Obama "an F, across the board" for his handling of the economy.
In an interview broadcast Friday, Romney tells CBS News that Obama lacks a "fundamental understanding" of how the free enterprise system works.
The former Massachusetts governor says capitalism "is the only system that's ever been shown to lift people out of poverty." Yet, he argues that Obama believes "the way to do that is to have the government make investments and have the government choose the winners and losers."
He credits Obama for taking down terrorist leader Osama bin Laden in the interview but says the president gets a failing grade on foreign affairs. Romney complains that, quote, "the Arab spring has become the Arab winter" under Obama's watch.
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Ebola kills Liberian doctor, 2 Americans...
- Northern California wildfire destroys 10 homes
- Taiwan plane crash survivor crawls out of...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Judge rules against Donald Sterling, OKs...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 13