Mary Altaffer, Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is giving President Barack Obama "an F, across the board" for his handling of the economy.
In an interview broadcast Friday, Romney tells CBS News that Obama lacks a "fundamental understanding" of how the free enterprise system works.
The former Massachusetts governor says capitalism "is the only system that's ever been shown to lift people out of poverty." Yet, he argues that Obama believes "the way to do that is to have the government make investments and have the government choose the winners and losers."
He credits Obama for taking down terrorist leader Osama bin Laden in the interview but says the president gets a failing grade on foreign affairs. Romney complains that, quote, "the Arab spring has become the Arab winter" under Obama's watch.
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- Child poverty just dropped for the first time...
- US tobacco growers brace for tougher competition
- School police stock up on free military gear
- Catholic leaders' deliberations over divorce...
- Here's why church choirs are dying
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 69
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 10
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 9
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 6