Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Eleanor Clift writes in The Daily Beast about former president Bush's surprising influence on his successor:
"It would have been hard to imagine not so long ago, but Barack Obama will be saying some very nice things about George W. Bush on Thursday.
"It's become a time-honored ritual that with the installation of a past president's portrait in the White House, his successor heaps praise on the man he once reviled on the campaign trail. A shared sense of the enormous job of keeping America safe in the face of countless threats bonds these former opponents."
- Utah humanitarian aid worker returns from...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- New dynasty: Giants capture 3rd title in 5 years
- Gunfire, arrests erupt as Giants fans revel...
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US criticism
- Maine in standoff with nurse over Ebola...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution is not...
- Churches proceed carefully when encouraging...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 37
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 20
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US... 13