Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Eleanor Clift writes in The Daily Beast about former president Bush's surprising influence on his successor:
"It would have been hard to imagine not so long ago, but Barack Obama will be saying some very nice things about George W. Bush on Thursday.
"It's become a time-honored ritual that with the installation of a past president's portrait in the White House, his successor heaps praise on the man he once reviled on the campaign trail. A shared sense of the enormous job of keeping America safe in the face of countless threats bonds these former opponents."
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach Europe...
- Corvette Museum to completely fill in...
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola to...
- Mexico authorities stage midnight migrant raid
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- Obama to attend wedding of longtime personal...
- US delivers military aid to Lebanese army
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 25
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14