Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Eleanor Clift writes in The Daily Beast about former president Bush's surprising influence on his successor:
"It would have been hard to imagine not so long ago, but Barack Obama will be saying some very nice things about George W. Bush on Thursday.
"It's become a time-honored ritual that with the installation of a past president's portrait in the White House, his successor heaps praise on the man he once reviled on the campaign trail. A shared sense of the enormous job of keeping America safe in the face of countless threats bonds these former opponents."
- Heroes 2014: Ex-CIA officer uses...
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan combat
- Bad Santa? 5 tips to tackle your holiday gift...
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- How to help find a cure for Ebola from the...
- Father of pilot captured by Islamic State...
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols, relax...
- Protesters rally for 2nd night after shooting...
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 16
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 14
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- Key developments in the case of slain... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 9
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5