Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Eleanor Clift writes in The Daily Beast about former president Bush's surprising influence on his successor:
"It would have been hard to imagine not so long ago, but Barack Obama will be saying some very nice things about George W. Bush on Thursday.
"It's become a time-honored ritual that with the installation of a past president's portrait in the White House, his successor heaps praise on the man he once reviled on the campaign trail. A shared sense of the enormous job of keeping America safe in the face of countless threats bonds these former opponents."
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- NCAA settles head injury suit, will change rules
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Navajo Generating Station, West's largest...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 43
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10