Catholic News Agency
Our take: Cardinal Angelo Scola, Archbishop of Milan, Italy, would rather focus on the positive than dwell on the more problematic elements of religious family life. While preparing for the 7th World Meeting of Families, Cardinal Scola has noted that the majority of Catholic parents instill traditional values and teachings into their children, and he pointed out that economic woes have strengthened family solidarity between generations.
On the eve of Pope Benedicts visit to the 7th World Meeting of Families in Milan, the citys archbishop believes there are real signs of hope that Christian family life is undergoing a revival.
I think that the signs are not few, Cardinal Angelo Scola of Milan told CNA on May 31.
It is enough to look at the reality that still today the great majority of parents and grandparents want what is technically called Christian initiation, that is to say the introduction and accompaniment of their children to a personal encounter with Jesus in the Christian community.
The five-day gathering in the northern Italian city runs from May 30 to June 3 and is examining the theme The Family: Work and Celebration. The event is often compared to World Youth Day but for Catholic families, rather than just young people. It brings together hundreds of thousands of people from over 150 countries to pray, celebrate and study marriage and family life.
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- LDS convert and influential friend reunite...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 76
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 76
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 71
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 61
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 46
- How much did President Obama donate to... 44