Catholic News Agency
Our take: Cardinal Angelo Scola, Archbishop of Milan, Italy, would rather focus on the positive than dwell on the more problematic elements of religious family life. While preparing for the 7th World Meeting of Families, Cardinal Scola has noted that the majority of Catholic parents instill traditional values and teachings into their children, and he pointed out that economic woes have strengthened family solidarity between generations.
On the eve of Pope Benedicts visit to the 7th World Meeting of Families in Milan, the citys archbishop believes there are real signs of hope that Christian family life is undergoing a revival.
I think that the signs are not few, Cardinal Angelo Scola of Milan told CNA on May 31.
It is enough to look at the reality that still today the great majority of parents and grandparents want what is technically called Christian initiation, that is to say the introduction and accompaniment of their children to a personal encounter with Jesus in the Christian community.
The five-day gathering in the northern Italian city runs from May 30 to June 3 and is examining the theme The Family: Work and Celebration. The event is often compared to World Youth Day but for Catholic families, rather than just young people. It brings together hundreds of thousands of people from over 150 countries to pray, celebrate and study marriage and family life.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 106
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 63
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 20
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 13
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 8