Tom Smart, Deseret News
Have you noticed that Sen. Orrin Hatch has turned to Jake Garn, Jim Hansen and others of his generation for endorsements for his current campaign? These guys are nice guys personally, but they are also part of the group who were in office during the time our country was ever so slowly sliding into its current crisis.
None of them, including Hatch, made any noise about the excessive entitlements, the excessive spending, the easily predictable effect of decreasing employed persons on entitlements, the funding of wars without increasing revenues to pay for them, etc. These guys making campaign ads for Hatch have long since gone into retirement with the big benefits they garnered themselves. Hatch needs to join them.
Harry A. Haycock
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 82
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 71
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination... 28