SALT LAKE CITY — The Bees have an uncanny knack of streaking, whether they're posting W's or worsening their record.
Unfortunately, they suffered their sixth straight loss, 6-2, on Monday night as the Las Vegas 51's swept the series.
Cory Aldridge, the newest addition to Salt Lake's roster and an offensive spark in Monday's game, hopes to see the Bees put the series behind them.
"In baseball, you have to have a short memory. It's a game of failure. You're going to fail more than you succeed," he said. "If you fail seven times out of 10 hitting, you're hitting .300. You've got to take every game like it's a new game and forget about yesterday."
Salt Lake's up-and-down season has included a five-game winning streak and two four-game winning streaks, but has also included a seven-game skid and the current six-game losing streak.
Aldridge was one of few bright spots in Monday's loss, as he sent one sailing over the fence in the fourth inning.
"It's good to have him," manager Keith Johnson said of Alridge's arrival. "A left-handed bat, veteran guy that can drive the ball out of the ballpark, it's good to have that kind of presence on the roster.
"Hopefully at some point, the balls that the guys are hitting will start finding holes so when he comes up there will be more guys on base."
Las Vegas' Moises Sierra gave the 51's an early advantage with an RBI single in the first inning, and Sierra had a two-run double in the third.
The Bees got within one after an unearned run in the third and Alridge's solo homer, but the 51's solidified the victory with a big seventh inning, scoring three runs.
As for the win-lose rollercoaster of streaks, Johnson credited the shaken-up roster.
"When we have those really good streaks, it's because we have a team that has been together and is really gelling," he said. "And then when we have guys put in or taken out, that's when we have our little downer streaks."
- BYU football: This Nephi played a role in...
- SUU pushes forward after...
- Red and blue recruits: Utes reap recruiting...
- Utah Jazz coach Quin Snyder trying to manage...
- Tempers flare in Jazz's physical overtime win...
- Perseverance pays off for Taele, a big...
- BYU football notebook: Running back position...
- BYU freshman Michael Shelton making a home...
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 58
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 51
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 45
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 34
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Utah Utes football: The California... 22
- Utes back in the college football... 19