SALT LAKE CITY — The Bees have an uncanny knack of streaking, whether they're posting W's or worsening their record.
Unfortunately, they suffered their sixth straight loss, 6-2, on Monday night as the Las Vegas 51's swept the series.
Cory Aldridge, the newest addition to Salt Lake's roster and an offensive spark in Monday's game, hopes to see the Bees put the series behind them.
"In baseball, you have to have a short memory. It's a game of failure. You're going to fail more than you succeed," he said. "If you fail seven times out of 10 hitting, you're hitting .300. You've got to take every game like it's a new game and forget about yesterday."
Salt Lake's up-and-down season has included a five-game winning streak and two four-game winning streaks, but has also included a seven-game skid and the current six-game losing streak.
Aldridge was one of few bright spots in Monday's loss, as he sent one sailing over the fence in the fourth inning.
"It's good to have him," manager Keith Johnson said of Alridge's arrival. "A left-handed bat, veteran guy that can drive the ball out of the ballpark, it's good to have that kind of presence on the roster.
"Hopefully at some point, the balls that the guys are hitting will start finding holes so when he comes up there will be more guys on base."
Las Vegas' Moises Sierra gave the 51's an early advantage with an RBI single in the first inning, and Sierra had a two-run double in the third.
The Bees got within one after an unearned run in the third and Alridge's solo homer, but the 51's solidified the victory with a big seventh inning, scoring three runs.
As for the win-lose rollercoaster of streaks, Johnson credited the shaken-up roster.
"When we have those really good streaks, it's because we have a team that has been together and is really gelling," he said. "And then when we have guys put in or taken out, that's when we have our little downer streaks."
- Gordon Hayward looks to get better at...
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors continues to make...
- 2015 Deseret News NFL Mock Draft: Wide...
- BYU offense looking to move the ball, put up...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jaycob Brugman's...
- Amy Donaldson: South Summit High community...
- Dick Harmon: Only joy for BYU's Jordan...
- Little offense as main players sit out Ute...
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 100
- Ultimate football road trips:... 48
- Little offense as main players sit out... 47
- Brighton wide receiver Simi Fehoko... 42
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone... 40
- Morning links: ESPN calls Utah a dark... 34
- BYU's basketball roster undergoing... 29
- BYU offense looking to move the ball,... 23