The Phillies say they will send Roy Halladay to see a doctor today, two days after he came out of a start due to a sore right shoulder. On Monday, the team was still determining where and when, exactly, their star right-hander will be examined.
Halladay first started to feel discomfort in Tuesday's start against Washington, but pitched through it. He cut back on throwing between starts, but it didn't help and he left after two innings against St. Louis that included Yadier Molina's grand slam.
Halladay started the season in his usual overpowering way, holding the Pittsburgh Pirates to two hits in eight innings of a 1-0 win. Everything seemed pretty much normal until he blew a 6-0 lead and was pulled after eight earned runs in 51?3 innings against Atlanta on May 2. Since then, he's 1-3, and the Phillies have lost four of his five starts.
DODGERS' LILLY ON DL: The Dodgers have put left-hander Ted Lilly on the 15-day disabled list with left shoulder inflammation, a move retroactive to Thursday.
It is Lilly's second stint on the DL this season. He missed the first eight games of the year because of a stiff neck.
He is 5-1 with a 3.14 ERA in eight starts. He last pitched last Wednesday at Arizona, allowing eight runs and nine hits while walking five in 31/3 innings.
RAMIREZ WON'T JOIN A'S WEDNESDAY: The Oakland Athletics said Monday night that suspended slugger Manny Ramirez will remain with Triple-A Sacramento until he is ready to play at the major league level.
While Ramirez's 10-day rehab stint in the minors is over, Ramirez won't be reinstated by Major League Baseball following his 50-game suspension until Wednesday after the A's 50th game.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 76
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 62
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37