Brad Rock: Rock On: Jerry Sloan takes his own advice, and Britney Spears takes up golfing
Michael Brandy, Deseret News
Former Jazz coach Jerry Sloan made news last week after interviewing with Charlotte owner Michael Jordan for the team's coaching position.
Sloan has also been mentioned in Orlando, as well as Los Angeles, if Vinny Del Negro is fired.
Asked why he would be interested in the lowly Bobcats, who won just seven games last season, Sloan dryly replied: "Work."
Seems that even at 70 Sloan doesn't like sitting at home, jack-potting around.
Two jurors have been dismissed for falling asleep at the Roger Clemens trial.
Sources say the judge chided them for behaving like it was a Padres-Rockies game.
Dwight Perry of the Seattle Times notes that it cost $35 million to build the Houston Astrodome but it would take $70 million to get rid of it.
Which is sort of like it is with the Lakers, right?
A section of Interstate 85 in Charlotte is set to be named Jeff Gordon Expressway, in honor of the NASCAR legend.
Sources say residents are generally happy about it, but have complained that all the turns are going left.
Anticipating the arrival of the European Championship Tournament this summer, prisons in Poland have moved out 600 inmates to make room for potential revelers.
Old inmates out, new inmates in.
Somewhere the Cincinnati Bengals are applauding.
Shaquille O'Neal recently received his doctorate in education from Barry University in Florida.
No disrespect, but is this a real place? It sounds a bit like Herb's College or the University of Steve.
Or as Dr. Shaq might put it "The Big Matriculator."
HER SHORT GAME
Britney Spears has taken up golf, according to The Sun newspaper of London.
"I really like being outdoors, and there's something cool about whizzing around on a golf cart with ice-cold beers," she told the newspaper. "I even have a golf outfit, which I like to wear."
Let us guess: Bare midriff, leather pants?
Ex-Jazz center Kyrylo Fesenko played this season with the Indiana Pacers, presided over by the legendary Larry Bird.
Said Fesenko: "I'm still getting shivers around him."
Is that anything like the shivers you get watching Fes at the free-throw line?
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 22
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21