BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — CSU Bakersfield broke a 2-2 tie in the bottom of the ninth inning as the Utah baseball team ended its season with a 3-2 loss to the Roadrunners.
CSU Bakersfield tied the game at 2-2 in the bottom of the sixth. The Utes left two runners on base in both the seventh and ninth innings.
Dylan Christensen led off the bottom of the ninth inning for the Roadrunners with a triple, and scored the game-winner on an RBI single from Andrew Letourneau.
Utah (14-42) was led at the plate by two hits each from Shaun Cooper, Jo Jo Sharrar and Ethan Leiter. Starting pitcher Mitch Watrous threw 5 1/3 innings, allowing two runs on five hits with a season-high seven strikeouts. Tyler Wagner pitched 2 1/3 innings, allowing one run on two hits, earning the loss. Kesley Kondo also made a brief appearance in the sixth inning.
The Utes took a 2-0 lead in the fourth inning, with Parker Morin hitting a one-out infield single before Cooper doubled to send home Morin. Sharrar also singled to score Cooper.
CSUB got a run back in the bottom of the fourth after singles from Oscar Sanay and Cael Brockmeyer, plus a walk, to put the Utah lead at 2-1.
The Roadrunners tied the game at 2-2 in the bottom of the sixth on an RBI single off the bat of Tyler Shryock.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14