For many parents, there is a tendency to view the world around us as the enemy, as the counterforce that undoes the values we try to teach and that lures our children into paths we would not choose for them.
One great key to parenting is to reverse that perspective and to find an institution, usually a church, that backs up the values we teach and provides teachers and youth leaders that are good lifestyle examples for our kids.
How grateful we should be if we already have that kind of support group.
Richard and Linda Eyre are New York Times No. 1 best-selling authors who lecture throughout the world on family-related topics. Read Linda's blog at www.deseretnews.com/blog/81/A-World-of-Good.html and visit the Eyres anytime at www.TheEyres.com.
- Husband remembers late wife through photos of...
- Funeral plans set for BYU student, LDS...
- 'Get Married and Be Submissive':...
- Family's video Christmas card goes viral
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Utah-based 'Kid History' collaborates with...
- Family of child who survived abuse raises...
- The Piano Guys: 4 dads on a mission
- 'Get Married and Be Submissive':... 17
- The Piano Guys: 4 dads on a mission 10
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay... 8
- Husband remembers late wife through... 6
- Most Americans celebrate Christmas, but... 5
- Raising real men: Teaching the whys of... 4
- Ron Burgundy continues to weave through... 4
- Funeral plans set for BYU student, LDS... 3