SALT LAKE CITY — Las Vegas dominated in a 12-4 victory over the Bees Friday night, and Cory Aldridge was the only bright spot for Salt Lake by finishing 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles and three RBIs.
"I really wanted to come back to the Angels because of familiarity, and I prayed about it and it happened," said the veteran outfielder.
Aldridge signed with the Angels as a free agent on May 22, and is sitting on a batting average of .333 through four games with the Bees.
The former free agent is no stranger to this organization, splitting time between Salt Lake and Los Angeles in 2010. Aldridge hit .318 during his stint in Utah with 24 doubles, 13 home runs and 59 RBIs in 83 games.
"It makes a big difference coming to the field everyday and wanting to play hard and give your all for your manager in a positive atmosphere," he said.
The 32-year-old Aldridge has made some close friendships within the Angels/Bees organizations, including sluggers Mark Trumbo and Hank Conger, and is copacetic with his current situation in Salt Lake and a possible call-up.
"It would be another blessing to add to the story of baseball in my life," he added.
NO ANSWER: After tying the game in the bottom of the third, Salt Lake had no answer for Las Vegas after the visiting team tore off for seven unanswered runs in four innings.
STOLEN GOODS: Ed Lucas managed to steal second base last night. As a team the Bees now sit in second place in the PCL with 48, trailing league leading Reno with 51.
DROUGHT CONTINUES: The Bees have only hit nine home runs in 20 home games this season, compared to 31 homers in 38 road games. That is the second fewest home runs at home of any PCL club.
ATTENDANCE: Some 5,591 baseball fans braved the overcast skies to watch the Bees fall to visiting Las Vegas.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars flew...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 82
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 45
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30