Campus briefs: Pouha joins 2 others in giving to University of Utah athletics
Former Ute and current New York Jets defensive lineman Sione Pouha and his wife Keiti have contributed $50,000 to Utah's Invest in Excellence campaign for the new Utah football complex. The alumni locker room of the center, which is scheduled to open for the 2013 season, will bear Pouha's name.
Pouha becomes the third former Utah football player in recent weeks to make a large gift to the football center's fund. Eric Weddle and his wife Chanel announced a $250,000 donation on April 21 during the Invest in Excellence kickoff celebration and Brian Johnson and fiancé Ashley Chapman donated $50,000 earlier this month.
WEBER STATE MEN'S BASKETBALL: Head coach Randy Rahe has announced the signing of three players, Wayne Bradford, Royce Williams and Abdulsamad (Duce) Zaid. Bradford is a 6-foot-3 guard at Sheridan Community College in Sheridan, Wyo. and will be a sophomore with the Wildcats next season. Williams is a 6-5 forward from Los Angeles, who joins Weber State after one season at the New Mexico Military Institute. Zaid is a 6-2 guard from Los Angeles. He will be a junior after playing at Arizona Western and at Barstow Community College.
WEBER STATE VOLLEYBALL: The team has signed Audrey Biggs to a scholarship for the upcoming 2012 season. Biggs, a 6-foot-1 outside hitter, joins the Wildcats as a transfer from Wichita State, and will have three seasons of eligibility. Biggs is a 2011 graduate of Pleasant Grove High School,
UTAH STATE VOLLEYBALL: Head coach Grayson DuBose announced Friday that Jocelyn Ostermiller has signed to play with the Aggies this fall. Ostermiller, a 6-2 middle blocker from of Rexburg, Idaho (Sugar-Salem High School), is coming to USU after two seasons at Western Wyoming Community College, where she helped the Mustangs to a 39-3 record.
WEBER STATE FOOTBALL: Former Weber State standout Joe Collins has signed a free agent contract with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League.
UTAH TRACK: Senior Brianna LeRoy qualifying mark was 1.77 meters, tying her personal best in the high jump. She will now make her first appearance in the NCAA Championship meet in Austin, Texas.
UTAH STATE TRACK: Pole vaulter Sonia Grabows
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28