Sen. Orrin Hatch has already debated Dan Liljenquist and will debate him again on the radio, which will be covered by television reporters. He doesn't need to spend so much time debating another conservative. This is a manufactured issue raised by the far-right which hopes to oust Hatch.
I and the five voters in my family will be supporting Hatch in the primary in June. We like his age and the length of time he has been in office, both of which reflect his experience. It is also our opportunity to get back at the extremist delegates, the tea party and Freedom Works, for what they did to then Sen. Bob Bennett two years ago.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 58
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 53
- Letter: Doctors unite 39
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 29
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 23
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20