On the track, Preston Myers competed in his first of two events, finishing the mens 100-meters with a time of 10.63. Myers will return tomorrow and compete in the mens 200-meters after finishing 43rd on day one of the NCAA preliminaries.
In the most anticipated race for Southern Utah fans during the day, Cameron Levins ran to a first-place finish in the mens 10K.
UVU TRACK: At Austin, Texas, junior Shelise Walker finished third in her heat with the time of 4 minutes, 30.16 seconds in the 1,500 meters at the NCAA Preliminary to advance to Saturday's semifinals.
Nicholas Taylor narrowly missed qualifying in the 100 meters, while McKell Camp-Nielson (50.87 meters) and Tim Rowberry (1:52.27) failed to advance in the women's javelin and men's 800 meters, respectively.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34