PAPILLION, Neb. — Three Omaha pitchers combined on a five-hitter and a Salt Lake error led to a pair of unearned runs, as the Storm Chasers defeated the Bees 4-2 on Thursday night.
The game was tied when Omaha's Clint Robinson led off the fourth with a single.
Bees' second baseman Matt Long had Tony Abreu's ground ball squirt under his glove for an error and two outs later, both runners scored on consecutive singles by Kevin Kouzmanoff and Anthony Seratelli to give the Storm Chasers the lead.
Matt Shoemaker (3-4) worked all eight innings and allowed just four runs, two earned, on eight hits with one strikeout and no walks.
Shoemaker closed out the game by retiring the last 12 batters he faced.
Cory Aldridge led the Bees with two hits, including a solo home run.
Luis Jimenez drove in the other Salt Lake run with a sacrifice fly, as the Bees close out their road trip with a 5-3 record.
ANGELS RECALL ROMINE: The Los Angeles Angels have designated for assignment reliever David Pauley and recalled infielder Andrew Romine from Triple-A Salt Lake.
The Angels made the roster moves on Thursday ahead of their series opener in Seattle.
Up next: vs. Las Vegas, 6:30 p.m. today
This homestand: Today-May 31 vs. Las Vegas (Blue Jays)/Colorado Springs (Rockies)
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison...
- Items owned by gangster 'Whitey' Bulger to be...
- World doping watchdog shuts down Rio Olympic...
- AP source: Irving, Barnes finish US Olympic...
- Federer out to turn around frustrating season...
- With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in...
- Ipsen, Hixon get Olympic 3-meter spots,...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 167
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 75
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 58
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 45
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 43
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 38
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 24
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20