PAPILLION, Neb. — Three Omaha pitchers combined on a five-hitter and a Salt Lake error led to a pair of unearned runs, as the Storm Chasers defeated the Bees 4-2 on Thursday night.
The game was tied when Omaha's Clint Robinson led off the fourth with a single.
Bees' second baseman Matt Long had Tony Abreu's ground ball squirt under his glove for an error and two outs later, both runners scored on consecutive singles by Kevin Kouzmanoff and Anthony Seratelli to give the Storm Chasers the lead.
Matt Shoemaker (3-4) worked all eight innings and allowed just four runs, two earned, on eight hits with one strikeout and no walks.
Shoemaker closed out the game by retiring the last 12 batters he faced.
Cory Aldridge led the Bees with two hits, including a solo home run.
Luis Jimenez drove in the other Salt Lake run with a sacrifice fly, as the Bees close out their road trip with a 5-3 record.
ANGELS RECALL ROMINE: The Los Angeles Angels have designated for assignment reliever David Pauley and recalled infielder Andrew Romine from Triple-A Salt Lake.
The Angels made the roster moves on Thursday ahead of their series opener in Seattle.
Up next: vs. Las Vegas, 6:30 p.m. today
This homestand: Today-May 31 vs. Las Vegas (Blue Jays)/Colorado Springs (Rockies)
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Brad Rock: Jazz's biggest star still waiting...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 88
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 59
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 51
- High school football: State tournament... 49
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42