TORONTO — Reggie Lambe scored in the 83rd minute and Toronto FC won its fourth straight Canadian Championship, beating the Vancouver Whitecaps 1-0 on Wednesday night.
Toronto, 0-9 this season in MLS play, won the two-game, total-goal series 2-1. The Reds will represent Canada in CONCACAF Champions League play.
Nick Soolsma headed Ryan Johnson's cross down to Lambe, who fired a right-footed shot past Joe Cannon.
Both teams played a man down after Toronto's Julian de Guzman and Vancouver's Sebastien Le Toux were ejected in the second half.
CREW 2, SOUNDERS 0: At Seattle, Justin Meram and Emilio Renteria scored to lead the Columbus Crew. Meram headed a left-footed cross from Dilly Duka for his third goal in the 15th minute. Renteria sealed the win for Columbus (4-4-3) with a 30-yard chip over Seattle goalkeeper Bryan Meredith in the 76th minute for his first goal.
CHIVAS USA 1, RED BULLS 1: At Harrison, N.J., Kenny Cooper scored in the 56th minute to lift New York to draw. Former Red Bulls star Juan Pablo Angel scored in the 47th minute for Chivas USA (4-6-2). Angel, who holds New York's all-time goal-scoring record (58), was playing against his former team for the first time. Cooper's goal was his 11th of the season — tying San Jose's Chris Wondolowski for the MLS lead — for the Eastern Conference-leading Red Bulls (8-3-2). New York extended its unbeaten streak to six matches (5-0-1) and remained unbeaten at home (4-0-2).
FIRE 2, FC DALLAS 1: At Bridgeview, Ill., Sebastian Grazzini and Marco Pappa scored and goalkeeper Sean Johnson stopped a penalty kick as Chicago Fire rallied past FC Dallas. The Fire (5-3-3) won for the third time in five matches to remain in fourth place in the Eastern Conference.
EARTHQUAKES 3, GALAXY 2: At Carson, Calif., Alan Gordon scored in stoppage time as San Jose rallied from a late two-goal deficit.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15