SALT LAKE CITY — Copies of original pioneer diaries, including those of B.H. Roberts and Frederick Kesler, are available through the University of Utah's Special Collections Department of the J. Willard Marriott Library.
The diaries, 10 volumes for Kesler and four volumes for Roberts, are reprinted in 6-inch-by-9-inch books from the originals through the library's Espresso Book Machine and the Books On Demand program and are black and white copies that include the original handwriting.
See http://store.lib.utah.edu for information about the books and ordering and pricing information.
Kesler was born in Pennsylvania in 1816 and he settled in Salt Lake City in 1851. His journals start in 1859 and go through 1899. Roberts was born in England in 1857 and immigrated to the United States in 1866 to Salt Lake City. His diaries from 1882 to 1893 are available.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, others to...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- LDS World: Learning to recognize God's tender...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates... 15
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The effect of having a widow's mite of... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1