SALT LAKE CITY — Copies of original pioneer diaries, including those of B.H. Roberts and Frederick Kesler, are available through the University of Utah's Special Collections Department of the J. Willard Marriott Library.
The diaries, 10 volumes for Kesler and four volumes for Roberts, are reprinted in 6-inch-by-9-inch books from the originals through the library's Espresso Book Machine and the Books On Demand program and are black and white copies that include the original handwriting.
See http://store.lib.utah.edu for information about the books and ordering and pricing information.
Kesler was born in Pennsylvania in 1816 and he settled in Salt Lake City in 1851. His journals start in 1859 and go through 1899. Roberts was born in England in 1857 and immigrated to the United States in 1866 to Salt Lake City. His diaries from 1882 to 1893 are available.
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- Pope visits Auschwitz in silence, meets...
- Pope urges clergy to go into the world, tend...
- Bill would prevent LGBT discrimination at...
- Pioneer Day sunrise service: 'A legacy of faith'
- Days of '47 Parade: 'Pioneers: Inspiring...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 45
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 34
- 'Duck Dynasty' star: Media,... 26
- 5 prayers to God that were just uttered... 22
- Defending the Faith: The 18th annual... 21
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 17
- The Clean Cut: New BYU football video... 15
- Great quote, Tim Kaine, but John Wesley... 12