Small businesses will be the key drivers in fueling economic growth and many small businesses are ripe for expansion, KSL contributor Rob Brough suggests.
In Utah, 97 percent of businesses qualify as small businesses, and they serve as the main source of new jobs. Contrary to perceptions, Brough says, banks are lending to small businesses, strengthening the companies and, in turn, invigorating the economy.
A recent Small Business Administration report suggested that quarter by quarter, small businesses with fewer than 500 workers outperformed large firms in net job creation about three out of four times from 1992 through 2010 when private-sector employment rose.
Brough gives suggestions for small businesses who are interested in obtaining a business loan. He suggests these tips in order to better position businesses to qualify for a loan before speaking with a lender:
Fine-tune your business plan
Ready your documentation
Review your credit
Do you homework
Know the risks and have a plan to mitigate them
Provide at least two ways to pay back the loan
Read more at KSL.com
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 11
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3