Small businesses will be the key drivers in fueling economic growth and many small businesses are ripe for expansion, KSL contributor Rob Brough suggests.
In Utah, 97 percent of businesses qualify as small businesses, and they serve as the main source of new jobs. Contrary to perceptions, Brough says, banks are lending to small businesses, strengthening the companies and, in turn, invigorating the economy.
A recent Small Business Administration report suggested that quarter by quarter, small businesses with fewer than 500 workers outperformed large firms in net job creation about three out of four times from 1992 through 2010 when private-sector employment rose.
Brough gives suggestions for small businesses who are interested in obtaining a business loan. He suggests these tips in order to better position businesses to qualify for a loan before speaking with a lender:
Fine-tune your business plan
Ready your documentation
Review your credit
Do you homework
Know the risks and have a plan to mitigate them
Provide at least two ways to pay back the loan
Read more at KSL.com
- Feds: Utah companies accused of conducting...
- Mark Zuckerberg is taking two months...
- In time for the holidays, S.L. Comic Con...
- 5 Utah E. coli cases linked to Costco chicken...
- Salt Lake chef wins round in 'Holiday Baking...
- Man killed in Salt Lake industrial accident
- Dave Ramsey says: Include minor car repairs...
- Utah liquor commission going slow on...
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 15
- 5 ways you drive away millennial employees 14
- Pfizer, Allergan $160B deal forms... 6
- Utah liquor commission going slow on... 4
- Russian military says its bombing... 3
- 5 Utah E. coli cases linked to Costco... 2
- In time for the holidays, S.L. Comic... 2
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.6... 1