Small businesses will be the key drivers in fueling economic growth and many small businesses are ripe for expansion, KSL contributor Rob Brough suggests.
In Utah, 97 percent of businesses qualify as small businesses, and they serve as the main source of new jobs. Contrary to perceptions, Brough says, banks are lending to small businesses, strengthening the companies and, in turn, invigorating the economy.
A recent Small Business Administration report suggested that quarter by quarter, small businesses with fewer than 500 workers outperformed large firms in net job creation about three out of four times from 1992 through 2010 when private-sector employment rose.
Brough gives suggestions for small businesses who are interested in obtaining a business loan. He suggests these tips in order to better position businesses to qualify for a loan before speaking with a lender:
Fine-tune your business plan
Ready your documentation
Review your credit
Do you homework
Know the risks and have a plan to mitigate them
Provide at least two ways to pay back the loan
Read more at KSL.com
- Yellen faces GOP criticism over weak economic...
- How the UK could remain in the EU even if it...
- US new-home sales tumbled in May after a...
- Markets reel as world absorbs shock of UK...
- Michelle Singletary: Should you replace your...
- Dave Ramsey says: You might not need life...
- New FAA rules on drone use could help local...
- How the Brexit could affect U.S. businesses...
- Trial ordered for politician accused of... 7
- Costco begins new credit card agreement 4
- Emery County defrauded out of nearly... 4
- What Costco shoppers should know about... 4
- GOP gubernatorial candidate Jonathan... 4
- Yellen faces GOP criticism over weak... 3
- Michelle Singletary: Should you replace... 3
- Delta pilots picket for better pay in... 3