Small businesses will be the key drivers in fueling economic growth and many small businesses are ripe for expansion, KSL contributor Rob Brough suggests.
In Utah, 97 percent of businesses qualify as small businesses, and they serve as the main source of new jobs. Contrary to perceptions, Brough says, banks are lending to small businesses, strengthening the companies and, in turn, invigorating the economy.
A recent Small Business Administration report suggested that quarter by quarter, small businesses with fewer than 500 workers outperformed large firms in net job creation about three out of four times from 1992 through 2010 when private-sector employment rose.
Brough gives suggestions for small businesses who are interested in obtaining a business loan. He suggests these tips in order to better position businesses to qualify for a loan before speaking with a lender:
Fine-tune your business plan
Ready your documentation
Review your credit
Do you homework
Know the risks and have a plan to mitigate them
Provide at least two ways to pay back the loan
Read more at KSL.com
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Contractor fined for employing children in...
- Vivint, SolarCity to create 7,000 jobs over...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Which Utah city is ranked highest for upward...
- Is paying for extended warranties worth it?...
- Saving just $4 per day can make you a...
- Higher wages a surprising success for... 11
- Saving just $4 per day can make you a... 11
- Why the 9 to 5 factory work isn't... 10
- What consumers need to know about chip... 6
- Sex and violence harm rather than help... 5
- Court orders EPA to relax air-pollution... 4
- Contractor fined for employing children... 4
- Fed is likely to delay 1st rate hike in... 3