Latter-day Saints, Ty and Danielle Mansfield share their story and the struggles that Ty has faced with sam-sex attraction. Despite the fears of sharing such a private part of their lives, they decided they would, with the hope that it would help others facing similar trials.
I had pretty much concluded that I probably wouldnt marry in this life, and I had come to a place where I was okay with that. I had let go of any personal or cultural pressure to marry and was content to stay single. Then I had an experience in which I felt prompted to continue to prepare myself spiritually and emotionally for the blessing of marriage and leave the rest to the Lord.
In this area and so much of my life, I feel Ive had to live the principle President Boyd K. Packer taught of going to the edge of the light and [stepping] into the darkness to discover that the way is lighted ahead for just a footstep or two (That All May Be Edified (1982), 340). We have to put Him first today, taking the necessary steps of faith today, and simply trust Him to take care of tomorrow.
To read the full story visit LDS Living.
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Over and out: TV flops, exits and endings in...
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 7
- Black Captain America leading comic... 6
- What did Utahns search for in 2014?... 6
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 3
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2