Real Salt Lake will host Minnesota Stars FC (NASL) next Tuesday in the U.S. Open Cup third round.
Minnesota advanced to the second round after beating Des Moines Menace (PDL) 2-0 on Tuesday night on the road in the second round of the U.S. Open Cup
With the victory, Minnesota earned the right to host RSL in the third round, but RSL announced that it reached a buyout with Minnesota to host the match next Tuesday at 7 p.m. The U.S. Open Cup is a single-elimination tournament open to all amateur and professional teams affiliated with U.S. Soccer.
Tickets for the match at Rio Tinto Stadium go on sale today and are $15 for the general public and $10 for season ticket holders.
RSL's all-time record in the U.S. Open Cup is 4-7-1. The winner of next Tuesday's match advances to the U.S. Open Cup quarterfinals, which RSL has only advanced to twice in franchise history.
Minnesota scored first on Tuesday with a goal midway through the first half, but then shortly before halftime the stars had a man sent off with a red card. Despite playing down a man for 50 minutes, the visiting Stars tacked on an insurance goal in the 80th minute to advance.
Following a weekend off, RSL returns to action this Saturday at home against FC Dallas.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU past...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- BYU focusing on bowl game while players'...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 51
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 50
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 30
- Ute football team has boots on the... 28