Real Salt Lake will host Minnesota Stars FC (NASL) next Tuesday in the U.S. Open Cup third round.
Minnesota advanced to the second round after beating Des Moines Menace (PDL) 2-0 on Tuesday night on the road in the second round of the U.S. Open Cup
With the victory, Minnesota earned the right to host RSL in the third round, but RSL announced that it reached a buyout with Minnesota to host the match next Tuesday at 7 p.m. The U.S. Open Cup is a single-elimination tournament open to all amateur and professional teams affiliated with U.S. Soccer.
Tickets for the match at Rio Tinto Stadium go on sale today and are $15 for the general public and $10 for season ticket holders.
RSL's all-time record in the U.S. Open Cup is 4-7-1. The winner of next Tuesday's match advances to the U.S. Open Cup quarterfinals, which RSL has only advanced to twice in franchise history.
Minnesota scored first on Tuesday with a goal midway through the first half, but then shortly before halftime the stars had a man sent off with a red card. Despite playing down a man for 50 minutes, the visiting Stars tacked on an insurance goal in the 80th minute to advance.
Following a weekend off, RSL returns to action this Saturday at home against FC Dallas.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21