SALT LAKE CITY — Zions Bank's Women's Financial Group is now accepting applications for its 2012 Smart Women Grants.
The program is open to anyone whose proposal promotes the empowerment of women or directly benefits women or low-income and underserved populations in Utah and Idaho.
The program awards six $3,000 micro-grants in several categories, including small business start-up and expansion, community development, continuing education and teacher support, child and/or elder care, health and human services as well as arts and culture.
Applications must be received or postmarked by June 29. Priority consideration will be given to proposals that promote the empowerment of women, emphasize collaboration between women entrepreneurs or nonprofit entities supporting women, and directly benefit women or underserved populations. Grant recipients will be announced in September.
Over the past seven years, Zions Bank has awarded more than $145,000 though the Smart Women Grants.
For more information, visit www.zionsbank.com/smartwomen or call 1-800-737-6585.
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- 4 charged in year-long copper thefts at Utah...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of...
- Children's museum celebrates 35 years of play
- Google taking steps toward robot creation
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 28
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4