Oklahoma Christians spread gospel message during NBA playoffs
Sue Ogrocki, Associated Press
Our take: The NBA playoffs are running in Oklahoma City while the Oklahoma City Thunder competes. With the extra guests in town, Oklahoma Baptists are looking for ways to reach them with the gospel as well as to serve in any way they can, including helping place team shirts on the chairs during home games and prayer walking the city's stadium.
As the Oklahoma City Thunder's NBA playoffs run continues, Oklahoma Baptists are teaming up to reach people for Christ in connection with the games and activities.
Churches from the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma, specifically its Union Baptist Association and Capital Baptist Association, are looking for ways to serve the community and share the Gospel. The theme for the Baptists' campaign is "I believe."
"Everyone is talking about the Oklahoma City Thunder and the NBA playoffs," said Tim Gentry, the BGCO's evangelism specialist. "Oklahoma is proud of the progress our local NBA team has made, and during the playoffs people will be cheering them on, saying, 'I believe!' But the phrase 'I believe' has two meanings to Christians."
During the playoffs, the Capital and Union associations, the BGCO, My316.com and Oklahoma City-area churches will be involved in servant evangelism and witnessing outreach efforts.
Read more at Baptist Press.
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Draper family shows that tragedy can reveal...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Biblical names for Lord...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 68
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 27
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7
- 10 ideas of what God looks like 7