MONTREAL — Dane Richards scored in the 67th minute with New York playing a man short, and the Red Bulls beat the Montreal Impact 2-1 on Saturday night to extend their winning streak to five games.
Richards pounced on a rebound in close and put the ball under the crossbar.
Kenny Cooper scored his 10th goal to draw the Red Bulls (8-3-1) even as both teams converted penalty kicks in the first half. The striker drove a shot into the top right corner in the 37th minute.
Cooper moved past injured teammate Thierry Henry for the team lead in goals.
Bernardo Corradi scored his team-leading fourth goal 22 minutes in for Montreal (3-6-3).
D.C. UNITED 3, TORONTO FC 1: At Washington, Dwayne De Rosario scored two first-half goals, and D.C. United handed Toronto FC its MLS-record ninth loss to open the season.
Hamdi Salihi added a second-half goal for United (7-4-3). The Washington club is unbeaten in its last seven home matches, including victories in the last four.
SOUNDERS 2, WHITECAPS 2, TIE: At Vancouver, British Columbia, Fredy Montero scored in the 90th minute to give Seattle the tie with Vancouver.
Eddie Johnson also scored for Seattle (7-2-2). Alain Rochat and Camilo scored for Vancouver (5-3-3) in front of a sellout crowd of 21,000 at B.C. Place Stadium.
DYNAMO 2, REVOLUTION 2, TIE: At Foxborough, Mass., Saer Sene scored twice for New England, and Houston's Luiz Camargo tied it with 3 minutes left in regulation.
Sene, a 25-year old Frenchman in his first MLS season, opened the scoring with a penalty kick in the 26th minute and made it 2-1 in the 57th minute with his sixth goal of the season.
Will Bruin also scored for Houston (3-3-4).
FC DALLAS 1, UNION 1, TIE: At Frisco, Texas, Gabriel Gomez scored in the 56th minute to help Philadelphia tie Dallas.
Blas Perez scored for Dallas in the seventh minute.
Philadelphia (2-6-2) stopped a three-game losing, and Dallas (3-6-4) extended its winless streak to seven games — the club's longest streak since a 10-game run in 2005.
CHIVAS USA 1, GALAXY 0: At Carson, Calif., Jose Erik Correa scored on a penalty kick in the 72nd minute and Chivas USA beat Los Angeles in the SuperClasico.
RAPIDS 2, SPORTING KANSAS CITY 2, TIE: At Commerce City, Colo., Tyrone Marshall and Kosuke Kimura scored in the second half to help Colorado salvage a tie.
CREW 1, EARTHQUAKES 1, TIE: At Santa Clara, Calif., Alan Gordon scored in the 90th minute to give San Jose a tie with Columbus.
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Deseret News live streaming schedule for boys...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian players...
- Utah Jazz: Team is a long shot to win NBA's...
- High school boys soccer: Lehi edges...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state tournament...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 132
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 53
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 18
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 13
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8
- The offseason status of NFL players... 7